Filter question....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Regarding UV filters, is there any one brand better than another????

I use it more as a protection for the lens.

Regarding UV filters, is there any one brand better than another????

I use it more as a protection for the lens.

So, you are looking for a good prophylactic?:lol:

I use B+W on my L glass. I use Hoya or Canon on my other lenses.

I belong to a group, LAShooters, we tested UV filters, cheap ones, expensive ones and no filter and found no visible difference between those images. We didn't test in multiple situations or looked at lens flare ... but in the test we did ... no dif.

Gary

I belong to a group, LAShooters, we tested UV filters, cheap ones, expensive ones and no filter and found no visible difference between those images. We didn't test in multiple situations or looked at lens flare ... but in the test we did ... no dif.

Gary

Hey Gary, what about on wide angle lenses? What about the quality of the lenses you used? I am curious.

Thanks,

Patrick

I used to use Tiffen ones, but they're not coated, so you can get nasty flare. I switched to hoya ones, and it's much better now. However, the tiffen ones are laminated I think, so if they break, they won't shatter and get glass all over the place.

I used to use Tiffen ones, but they're not coated, so you can get nasty flare. I switched to hoya ones, and it's much better now. However, the tiffen ones are laminated I think, so if they break, they won't shatter and get glass all over the place.

Good point, thanks.....

When I have time ... this evening ... I toss up an address where you can see the test and results for yourself.

Gary

Most reactions

Back