Filter Recommendation

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to buy some filters for my lenses. I am assuming Tiffen is the best for the money? Any good places to purchase them? Im looking on ebay but I didnt know if there are any other places that have really good deals that everyone uses on here.

It's not really fair to say that one brand is better than another. The top brands all have a range of products.

I'd suggest looking at B&H or Adorama.

You'll get a ton of "opinions" on this subject. As for brand, I would personally not use anything but B+W or Heliopan. Best glass, best construction (brass).
Only filters I recommend are a circular polarizer (a necessity imo) and (perhaps) a grad ND. Best solution for the NDs are the square filter systems by Lee or Cokin.

Sorry BigMike, but it is fair to say that Schott glass and better construction are better than just "glass" and aluminum.

This place has some very good prices if you're willing to wait a bit. Shipping takes a couple of weeks. I've used them twice and I know many people on the Canon forum have purchased from them. Personally I get the Hoya HD but there are other good ones. Just sending you this link for some good competitive pricing.

MaxSaver.Net Photo Digital Video Wholesale | B+W, Hoya, Kenko, Nissin

Sorry BigMike, but it is fair to say that Schott glass and better construction are better than just "glass" and aluminum.
Yes, but do B&W & Heliopan make filters that are lower than their top of the line? That's all I'm saying.

So filters actually work? Well, I know that some do and some don't but does it really make that much of a difference?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back