Filter used?

kmpace78

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know kind of filter used or adjustments made? Love the look of these. Thx!

Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you ask her on her Facebook page or by private message, or phone ? ==> Whitney Kellen Photography "Official Page" - About | Facebook

She just got a new camera this past September

Also, it's probably not a filter, but the OOF background that you are referring too which is controlled by the Depth of Field.

You'll also will want to provide a link to the photo, and not embed it in your post. Since you do not own the rights to the image a Moderator will be here sometime to remove it. Being a Photography website, they take photographic Copyright ownership somewhat seriously.

for example, that image ==> Whitney Kellen Photography "Official Page" - Timeline | Facebook

Last edited:
Ok thanks!

LOTS of excessively warmed images on her FB page. Weak technical skills, but attractive people. Again, 500 to 1,500 degrees Kelvin warmer-than-correct on the majority of what I saw. her current images are mostly autumn/fall images with brightly colored leaves as background elements, so warmer-than-normal images look pretty acceptable. if you wanted to use a filter, an older-tech 'warming filter' could be used with basic pre-set in-camera white balance points, and it would give this golden glow.

There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to color photography, or so it seems these days. Colors and hues and white balances are mostly a creative decision in the current era.

Ok thanks. Yeah, I noticed they're very warm, but look great only due to the scenary/Fall look. I guess it depends on what people like. It's definitely not real/natural looking, but very eye-catching. Thanks for your input!

LOTS of excessively warmed images on her FB page. Weak technical skills, but attractive people. Again, 500 to 1,500 degrees Kelvin warmer-than-correct on the majority of what I saw. her current images are mostly autumn/fall images with brightly colored leaves as background elements, so warmer-than-normal images look pretty acceptable. if you wanted to use a filter, an older-tech 'warming filter' could be used with basic pre-set in-camera white balance points, and it would give this golden glow.

There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to color photography, or so it seems these days. Colors and hues and white balances are mostly a creative decision in the current era.
She certainly enriches those colors ...

beyond that, it looks like she bumps the hue to the reds about 10 points, and goes to volume 11 on saturation.

I'm pretty heavy handed with warming my images, but these are silly. The skin tones throughout her FB page are ridiculous.

There seems to be many people that like them. She has recently put up some using yellow/greenish tones...I suppose to match the leaves in the background. They do stand out, but again not natural. Thanks for your input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back