Filters. Which one?

OOOOOOOOH my f*cking g*d... GET. OFF. YOUR. MOTHER. F*CKING. HIGH. HORSE. Or I'll shoot it out from under you for Christ's sake.

:banghead:

Breath - just breath - in and and out - in and out

And relax

Sorry I was referring to his landscape shots for that comment. You can fake a ND effect on landscapes. Should have been more specific.

Thanks I have never seen his work before. Stunning and very emotional.

Yeah, I think you understand what I mean, at least. Most people choose 'easy' subject matter, things that are not challenging to their emotional state or physical comfort. Cats, kids, waterfalls, tranquil scenes, landscapes, etc.

Yes but that's what THEY choose. This is what he chooses. You have to respect each individual for their interests and what they perceive as art. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to travel all over and shoot this type of work. Nor do they have the emotional fortitude to. At least I wouldn't. Does that make me less of a person, absolutely not. We all have been given the greatest gift of free will, don't forget that. Now lets all calm down before Erose grabs the cocktails. I'm pretty sure her boss doesn't want her intoxicated at work.

Yes but that's what THEY choose. This is what he chooses. You have to respect each individual for their interests and what they perceive as art. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to travel all over and shoot this type of work. Nor do they have the emotional fortitude to. At least I wouldn't. Does that make me less of a person, absolutely not. We all have been given the greatest gift of free will, don't forget that. Now lets all calm down before Erose grabs the cocktails. I'm pretty sure her boss doesn't want her intoxicated at work.

I could use a drink myself.

You have to understand seeing the same old sort of thing year after year is just stultifying. I can't take it anymore. If I hear another person ask about landscape photography I think I'm gonna croak.

LOL

Yeah, I think you understand what I mean, at least. Most people choose 'easy' subject matter, things that are not challenging to their emotional state or physical comfort. Cats, kids, waterfalls, tranquil scenes, landscapes, etc.

those things are easy??????????????
I've known people break ankles getting landscape shots and heck kids are deadly things!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qQoaPUw6lQ[/ame]

Now lets all calm down before Erose grabs the cocktails. I'm pretty sure her boss doesn't want her intoxicated at work.

but but the drink helps photographic creativity!!

so I just bought 3 filters for my new 24-105 and was wondering what filter cud stay on for general purpose use/protection of the lens. the filters I got are: uv, cpl, and fl-d

those things are easy??????????????
I've known people break ankles getting landscape shots and heck kids are deadly things!

Now lets all calm down before Erose grabs the cocktails. I'm pretty sure her boss doesn't want her intoxicated at work.

but but the drink helps photographic creativity!!

I have to go pick up my film. Took pictures of kids playing with their cats at a waterfall in the Rockies.

:lol:

P-P, Please /wrists when you get the chance. Thanks. You manage to never contribute anything useful, and complain about how "landscape photography has no merit and isn't lucrative". Oh yeah? Landscape photography may not be lucrative, and maybe the OP isn't interested in making money off of their shots? Ever think about that? Probably not. Because you're too busy thinking about how philosophical you need to be all the time (mostly just to keep up appearances I guess. Seeing as how anyone that's not a noob knows that you're a blowhard).

It's great how you talk about a less than lucrative business environment. You said you went to school for philosophy? That has a narrower job market than Flint, Michigan after the collapse of the auto industry.

P-P, Please /wrists when you get the chance. Thanks. You manage to never contribute anything useful, and complain about how "landscape photography has no merit and isn't lucrative". Oh yeah? Landscape photography may not be lucrative, and maybe the OP isn't interested in making money off of their shots? Ever think about that? Probably not. Because you're too busy thinking about how philosophical you need to be all the time (mostly just to keep up appearances I guess. Seeing as how anyone that's not a noob knows that you're a blowhard).

It's great how you talk about a less than lucrative business environment. You said you went to school for philosophy? That has a narrower job market than Flint, Michigan after the collapse of the auto industry.

Don't you know it!

I didn't say landscape photography wasn't lucrative. It may be for all I know. It's just trite and boring and un-challenging for the most part, and way overdone because it's easy.

Don't you know it!

I didn't say landscape photography wasn't lucrative. It may be for all I know. It's just trite and boring and un-challenging for the most part, and way overdone because it's easy.

Well, the great thing is you have eyes, and the ability to make your own decisions. So stop looking at it if it bothers you. kthx

I vote CP. You can hdr to balance exposure and then fake the ND in post. I sure wish they made a douche bag filter for this thread.

Don't you know it!

Well, the great thing is you have eyes, and the ability to make your own decisions. So stop looking at it if it bothers you. kthx

Here's something that should make you avert your eyes:

0606040-R1-006-1A.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back