filters

spicychicken

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spicychicken.deviantart.com
i want to begin using filters to enhance the colors in my photos and give neat effects but i don't want to spend lots of money since it is more amatuer experimentation than anything..

so i'm looking for something i can just attach to my lens (dont car eif it looks silly). the only thing like that i know of is the cokin filter system. wondering what you guys think of it and if you know of any ones that are similar but better?

i suggest you go with Hoya filters.....they screw right into your lense and are pretty convenient.....they're cheap like 20 bucks each and you dont have to spend extra money on attachments......i have a red one, a green one, and a polarizer.....i get great results......

spicychicken said:
i want to begin using filters to enhance the colors in my photos and give neat effects but i don't want to spend lots of money since it is more amatuer experimentation than anything..

so i'm looking for something i can just attach to my lens (dont car eif it looks silly). the only thing like that i know of is the cokin filter system. wondering what you guys think of it and if you know of any ones that are similar but better?

Personally I prefer Cokin. I have a dual attachment system, that I can put on my 35mm and on my MF camera as well. I am pleased with it enough that I can recommend it to you. As far as I understand you want to make the colors appear more vivid. Cokin has a few filters which will help you do that, a Warming filter being one of them. One must be very careful though with these, as they are made from optical quality plastics which can scratch easily if not careful. Also, as the poster before me mentioned, invest in a circular Polarizer if you use autofocus cameras or a linear one (cheaper) if you use manual focus.

Other filters, to be used for Black and White photography only (red, green, yellow, blue) can be bought pretty cheap at photo stores. Adorama? (see banner on bottom page)... :D
I hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back