Final version...check it?

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
About to run a 36" print on this one for my dad from my vacation. I only processed it a tad more since I last posted it to try to bring out a tad bit more shadow detail, especially to separate the black of the car from the shadow of the car on the ground.

Could use another set of eyes to go over it and see if I missed anything. anything major anyway,...it's just a gift for dad so it's not a huge deal to be too picky. always good to have another set of eyes though. I really don't care about the background...I softened it a tad for more separation, just care about the car.

This is a link to original file size on flickr for best scrutiny.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8533/8774283728_df904cd11f_o.jpg

8774283728_df904cd11f_o.jpg

well crap, just noticed a bit of garbage in the blacks on the trim under the duralast sticker towards the front...so other than that cleanup. lol

maybe add more blur on the BG to isolate the car.

I thought about it...I just generally hate faux blur. Wasn't sure if the results would be worth the effort.

Since it's fill most of the frame, I even considered just masking out the back and filling with a solid color or even textured color of some sort.

maybe the few gray spots by the back side window? and wish the wheels were maybe a lil more black black?

$car1.jpg

just a subtle blur and darken.

I agree, a little vignette/dodging would be helpful.

Also, it may just be my monitor here...but are you close to blowing out the red and/or yellow channels? As this sounds like it's going to be a print (gift for Dad?), you may want to carefully soft proof and/or get a test print done...just to make sure that the colors will look right in the print, without getting blocky.

In case you are interested, here's a really great plugin to make realistic syntetic lens blur in photoshop, it's way way better than the native one. cheers!

DOF PRO - Overview

I agree, a little vignette/dodging would be helpful.

Also, it may just be my monitor here...but are you close to blowing out the red and/or yellow channels? As this sounds like it's going to be a print (gift for Dad?), you may want to carefully soft proof and/or get a test print done...just to make sure that the colors will look right in the print, without getting blocky.

yeah I'll run a strip first to test before I waste ink and paper.

I was wondering the same on the reds...they are close to blown...very close...but not. one of the first things I checkd. don't think I checked yellow but did check reds.

I like runnah...so I'll screw with it tonight and see what I get. didn't think of little vignette...thought about burning it down a bit...which in the end is kinda the same principle anyway.

thanks for the eyes...I'll play more and see what I get.

^ what happened to the "C" and "R" on the side?

I like the blur, Edsport. Though you'll probably see every little imperfection on a 36" print. Like forward the left rear wheel...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back