Finally a decent bee shot

bikefreax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying for a long time to get a decent maroc of some bees. This little bugger was small and I just happened to get it right. My problem is I have the Olympus E-510 with the extension tube and when you use that the auto focus does not work real well so I actually use the zoom to focus. Hope you like it.

_A193188_filtered.jpg

More than decent! There is hardly any noise at all in this shot - the wings are wonderfully clear! You have controled the exposure well for the whites as well!

For macro though ignor the zoom and focusing - turn it all off infact. Work at a fixed length and instead of focusing with the camera rock back and forth with the camera- manually moving the point of focus. Its much easier at macro levels

For macro though ignor the zoom and focusing - turn it all off infact. Work at a fixed length and instead of focusing with the camera rock back and forth with the camera- manually moving the point of focus. Its much easier at macro levels[/quote]

Yes I do the rocking thing also. I use the zoom to get it where I want then move back and forth to get the focus. If I can stay still :)
Thanks for the kind words. I will try again but this time I want to get the eyes in real good focus.

Dig that shot! Super crisp,.. nice DOF - I'm avoiding the macro World for now as I already have too many interest.

-Shea

Yea, macro is very addicting to me.

As for the lighting it was just a sunny day with nothing else used.

Whoa!, that is really clear and crisp, I bet the in-built image stabilization really helps. Nice photo!

Beautiful shot! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back