Finally finished my edit! (C&C)

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture several weeks ago, but havn't had much of a chance to do any editing for a while. I finally decided it would be a good idea to get this done soon since I'll be printing and framing it as a Christmas present. It'll be printed at 32x40 and mounted in a custom built frame.

C&C Please!

IMG_6559.jpg

Argh! After uploading to photobucket the colors seem to be off. Oh well, C&C anyways.

EDIT: Here's the original jpeg version (I worked with the raw version for my edit), so you can see what I've done to it. Also, the exif is posted below...

IMG_6559smalloriginal.jpg

Canon 5DmkII w/24-105L lens
f/9
0.8 second exposure
ISO 100
+1/3 exposure bias
24mm focal length

Last edited:
....really nice shot and great editing. I'm thinking you burned down the corners and maybe a tad much -- just a little tad if at all -- excellent photo.

Joe

Can't decide? If i'd taken it i'd be well pleased but as an outsider i can't decide. I think i like it, yes i'll stick with i like it!

Where was this taken? I like it!

Thanks everyone! I agree that the vignette may be a touch heavy for most photos, but I was trying to think in terms of how large it will be printed. With that size image, your eye can tend to wander a little more. Not always, but enough of the time. I was attempting to draw the viewer's attention towards the main subject.

It was taken in the Kolob Canyons portion of Zion National Park in southern Utah. I believe the hike is called the South Taylor Creek trail. Here's a link to an aerial view, to give you an idea of what the area is like. Kolob Canyons, From a plane | Flickr - Photo Sharing! The trail I hiked heads up the canyon where you can see the U-shaped switchback in the road.

Edit: I also decided to put the exif and original photo in the original post.

Anyone else? I'm wondering if there is anything else I should do before sending it off to be printed.

Very nice shot. Not sure what I would change! Wondering if depending on the printer if it might look just a smidge dark, maybe. May be no problem.

Let me know how it ends up looking!

I'll be having it printed by a local guy, and he said he'd give me a free 8x10 proof before we print the 32x40, just to make sure everything is fine. So if it winds up being a touch dark, we'll touch it up before the final print.

I really like those!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back