Finally found it!! (new location)

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Unfortunately I think the flowers are probably going to die soon.. because its wayyyy too hot here in the desert, but I finally found the location I've been trying to figure out.

A few pics of my son and my friend's daughter when we took a little Mother's Day girls trip out to scope it out. Time of day was like 10-10:30am so definitely no ideal, it was already 100 degrees out! I am hoping to try to go REALLY early AM this weekend to take some pics for another friend who wanted them done here. Have to call and make sure I'm not going to get shot stepping on the property before hours. lol

Oh and 20 minutes out into the 30 minute drive there I remembered the makeshift reflector was sitting at the house ;\ booo Not that I had the extra arms to even handle it at this place though.. lol

DSC_0012 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

DSC_0047 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

being a boy and playing in the dirt

DSC_0044 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

DSC_0041 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

waving bye to his buddy who was running away from her mommy lol

DSC_0023 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

DSC_0014 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Do you want shots of the kids, or shots of some flowers. Why have the 2 things compete for the viewer's attention?

Because of the direct sunlight, all the kids are under exposed, fill or no fill.

Open shade is much better for those kinds of shots than direct sunlight.
When I had no other choice and had to shoot in direct sunlight, I made my own open shade by putting a diffusion panel above the subject just out of the image frame.

I then used strobed light to light my subject. I often put a CTO gel on the flash giving it a color temperature equivalent to tungsten light, and set my camera white balance to tungsten so the strobed light was white in the photo, but the ambient light had a nice, light, cool bluish tint to it that really made the subjects pop with warmth.

Do you want shots of the kids, or shots of some flowers. Why have the 2 things compete for the viewer's attention?

Because of the direct sunlight, all the kids are under exposed, fill or no fill.

Open shade is much better for those kinds of shots than direct sunlight.
When I had no other choice and had to shoot in direct sunlight, I made my own open shade by putting a diffusion panel above the subject just out of the image frame.

I then used strobed light to light my subject. I often put a CTO gel on the flash giving it a color temperature equivalent to tungsten light, and set my camera white balance to tungsten so the strobed light was white in the photo, but the ambient light had a nice, light, cool bluish tint to it that really made the subjects pop with warmth.

The purpose of this trip there was just to scope out the location, find it as I'd never been there before and see how long the owner of the farm expects the flowers to be around. This weekend I'm heading to take some pics for another neighbor friend of mine and she likes this location. Thank you for the comments! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back