The Standoff

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Normally I don't have a story to go along with the pics I take - I mean the story would be pretty much, went to zoo took pictures here you go - lol. But this one actually does have a bit of a story behind it:

20140608 SP 022 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

This rather gutsy Tom wandered out on the road in front of the SUV that I was behind on the road to the lake. Then he just stood there, blocking the road. The lady in the SUV waited for a bit, probably a little over 5 minutes - the bird wouldn't move. So finally she honked her horn. Bird didn't budge. Just stood there and stared at her. She inched forward, he stood his ground.

Her kids rolled down the back window and flapped their arms at him, yelled at him - she tried honking the horn again - nada. He just stood right in the middle of the road and wouldn't get out of the way. Finally after probably 10-15 minutes I got out of my car and approached him - I was almost within arms reach before he finally decided it was time to get out of the middle of the road. Lol.

Very nice shot and cool story. I swear I heard one the last time I was out in the wetlands, even though they aren't supposed to be in our county. Pretty distinctive call though. I haven't seen a wild one in probably 15 years myself.

These birds always look so oddly beautiful and --- well, odd to me.. Funny story :)

I just love that sexy expression on its face!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way I'm disco dancing
I'm a model you know what I mean

Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy Lyrics

There so ugly there beautiful.

I just love that sexy expression on its face!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way I'm disco dancing
I'm a model you know what I mean

Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy Lyrics

Thing that made me laugh the most, when I finally did get out of the car and approach him, at first he just stood there, then when he finally did decide to move there was no quick getaway, he just turned and literally sauntered off the road at a leisurely pace. I just couldn't help but laugh. Man, that bird had a 'tude... lol

Yep, that's a beauty! And a great story.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back