Finally froze a bee

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well...damn near frozen anyway...lol. Been shooting bees on breaks all week or 3 lately...lol. they are fun. I finally froze a couple in flight, this one is better of the few. Had to jack up to 1/8000 on shutter speed...even them some were still motion blurred...but this one froze a bit. thought I'd share.

Canon EOS 7D
EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
127.0 mm
1/8000 sec; f/6.3; ISO 5000
Manual; Evaluative metering

7980637798_3bb45fc616_o.jpg

awe....I thought you caught one and stuck it in the freezer...

Same :D

I don't know if it was intentional but the background and particularly flower of choice really does make the bee stand out. Well done!

Last edited:
Nice! The branch gives it great perspective :)

Awesome. They don't stay in one place very long. Well done.

This is nice and I feel a bit of envy as I tried (and tried in vain) to get such a photo while on holidays, but no such luck here ...

been practicing this for weeks. lol. I think I have a dozen that are ok, and 1/2 a dozen that are presentable. in all of my practice I probly shot 2k shots total in the last month. lol

Gonna make me a "bug book" and "bee book" to print up for sale and for my kids as xmas presents. :) they like bugs. I threw up a sample one last week, should be in next week to give me a solid idea of how I'm gonna make the final versions.

You should try a local flower arboretum, they tend to have a good mix of both flowers and bee's. Honey bees, bumblebees, sweatbees and other flyers. Great practice and generally plenty of subjects!

^ +1

Our state arboretum is about 10 miles from my house. The variety of shot possibilities at a place like that is endless!

Most reactions

Back