Finally got him

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This new eagle has been up on the top of the school and he and his brother live up there. been trying to shoot him the past few days and came up empty...just boring shots. Got him today taking off. I got 2 others that I think are cool, not processed 'em yet. Here is my fave.

Seems like something is off though...I won't know on my craptop until I get to work to print it, but there appears to be a sort of haze or something. Very overcast crappy day though. I dunno.

7768199460_1932f65c15_c.jpg

one more and I'm out...gotta run. lol.

7768311634_2880e95ca3_c.jpg

Shot # 1....fri'kn SWEEET! WOW-what a beautiful position on the eagle's wings and plumage! And if that were not enough--you've got 'em making a cry! Win-win, all the way.

These are great LOVE LOVE LOVE the 1st one I see nothing off about it.

very cool! what were they shot with? how far away was he?

They look hazy to me, too. Hopefullly you can minimize it.

Shot # 1....fri'kn SWEEET! WOW-what a beautiful position on the eagle's wings and plumage! And if that were not enough--you've got 'em making a cry! Win-win, all the way.

Thanks darrel...all about right place right time... I went out for a smoke break and he was up there on the roof squaking, and I was about to go in and out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. Camera to my eye before I could think, snapped as he russled...got up...and took off.

I was stoked when I saw the full extension of the wings...the tail perfectly spread out...and him crying out. Very happy with those three things all coming together.

very cool! what were they shot with? how far away was he?

Had my bosses 80-200 2.8 on me. He was about 50-60 feet maybe away and up on roof. WHen he flew over, the first shot, he was bout 45 degrees up from me, maybe 30-40 feet.

Excellent shot. Overcast skies are tough. I did a quick (and very sloppy) edit. First I copied just the sky to a new layer, and then darkened it and added some blue and cyan. Then I added a little contrast to the bird. With some patience (and the original file to work from) you could probably improve on it.
$bird.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back