Finally got my hands on the MP-E!

Bios.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Borrowed the MP-E and MT-24ex from a guy in my department!

It's a difficult beast to master but I think I'm getting reasonable results.

C. septempunctata by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

C. septempunctata Mating by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

4th Instar 7-spot Larvae eating A. fabae by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Weevil by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Harlequin succinea morph (Harmonia axyridis) by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Any ideas what this is? by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Hoverfly by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Thanks.

I'd say your getting reasonable results also

Jake, I wish Nikon made one. I wouldn't had to purchase the 60D for the MP-E that I picked up a couple of months ago. I wish I could see the images, but my connection is too slow. It'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow. Difference is I'm using the Canon ring flash. I have the twin speed light setup on my Nikon D7000. If you are familiar with macro work already as I was then its just a matter of getting use to working with incredibly small DOFs. I'm about to start focus stacking.

Thanks guys.

Got a very cooperative nomada bee this morning. Not seen many recently I thought they had all gone for the year. Really pleased with these shots as I never thought I'd be able to get that close.

Nomada Spp. by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Nomada Spp. by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Jake, I wish Nikon made one. I wouldn't had to purchase the 60D for the MP-E that I picked up a couple of months ago. I wish I could see the images, but my connection is too slow. It'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow. Difference is I'm using the Canon ring flash. I have the twin speed light setup on my Nikon D7000. If you are familiar with macro work already as I was then its just a matter of getting use to working with incredibly small DOFs. I'm about to start focus stacking.

I guess if I shoot in manual anyways without metering I could always get a canon to nikon adapter right?

Very nice! I'd love to play with one of those lenses.

Agreed! Come on Nikon you need something to match this lens!

+1 WTF Nikon?!

I guess if I shoot in manual anyways without metering I could always get a canon to nikon adapter right?

I think the main problem with that would me aperture control. I don't think this lens has an aperture ring and I don't recall seeing any Canon-Nikon adapters that allow that kind of communication between the lans and camera.

Very nice! I'd love to play with one of those lenses.

Agreed! Come on Nikon you need something to match this lens!

+1 WTF Nikon?!

I think the main problem with that would me aperture control. I don't think this lens has an aperture ring and I don't recall seeing any Canon-Nikon adapters that allow that kind of communication between the lans and camera.

Dammit Canon and Nikon!

Man I really want this lens!!!i have too much invested in the Nikon system or I would have a 5dmk3 and the mp3 with a 16-35. Come to think of it, I can prob sell all my Nikon grear and to canon before a d800 would even ship to me

I have an old Rebel at home...
Would it be bad taste to go get an MP-E and put it on it?

Those are tremendous. I'd say you got the hang of it too.

Bee shot #2 is fabulous.

I think the closest lens to this was the old Minolta AF 3x-1x f/1.7-2.8 Macro ... though the Canon can get 5:1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back