Finally, some REAL macro

The only time I use a tripod for insect macro work, is when I have a very stationary subject that won't be moving.. like a spider on a web. About 99% of my shots are handheld. I would say about 80% are with diffused flash also, which makes the handheld easier since it reduces movement issues. I use tripod primarily for landscapes and such!

I know what you mean about the weather! I was in Arkansas all last week on business (no camera) and will be out on business all this coming week too. Today is my only day home... and it is rainy and dreary. And here I am with my new D800 to play with...lol! I may have to setup something indoors.... we will see!

Charlie: I'm gonna PM with some questions that will reveal my ignorance about flash.

What part of Arkansas were you in? Both of my maternal grandparents and their families lived there for many years, and I keep meaning to make a photography/genealogy-related trip. There's a little place called McElroy Gap that is named for my great-grandparents.

Where are your travels taking you this week? I can only imagine the agony of having that new D800 and the weather not cooperating! :lol:

Flew into Little Rock... and then drove to Magnolia for hotel. Plant / office is in the Stamps area.. pretty, but hot and humid compared to CO!

This will be be Walden CO for three days.. and then Kersey CO for two more days.

I could still get out and shoot.. just too darn tired to do it, LOL! These long trips beat me up! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back