Finch...Wren...I dunno

Ahhh... ok I know that book. I used to use that before I had a computer! :D Like back when I was a young girl... hmm... that mighta been before computers were in every house too ;) I know it was a loooooong time ago!

ttfn
CDL.

Ahhh... ok I know that book. I used to use that before I had a computer! :D Like back when I was a young girl... hmm... that mighta been before computers were in every house too ;) I know it was a loooooong time ago!

ttfn
CDL.
Yea it is old I was 7 when i got those in '77 and i have a friggen COMPUTER and i still look in the stupid BOOK:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The computer is a great thing but when you're out in the field it's kinda difficult to take along a computer!! Unless of course you got a laptop but then who knows if you'll have internet wherever you are?? Besides, there's a reason it's called a "Field Guide" ;)

BTW... if I am to guess by what you said you're only two years older than me. :D I was born in 72.

ttfn
CDL.

The computer is a great thing but when you're out in the field it's kinda difficult to take along a computer!! Unless of course you got a laptop but then who knows if you'll have internet wherever you are?? Besides, there's a reason it's called a "Field Guide" ;)

BTW... if I am to guess by what you said you're only two years older than me. :D I was born in 72.

ttfn
CDL.
Yes I am a tiny bit older :mrgreen: But i never take em out in the field i sort it out later another note i cant take a bird pic to save my #@$ any way and if i had a lap top my 9 year old girl would surly kipe it from me too as she did my my 10D today lil rascal i'll have to post some of her pics i was shocked what av mode can do some times

I've attempted to take bird photos... not very good at it either.

I figure once I get a better lens I won't have to keep coming up with ways to sneak up on them!! :D

My daughter "borrowed" my camera way back when she was about 5. Some of the photos she took were pretty good considering. I like the way her POV changed how things looked. Made me want to approach my subjects from different POV's.

ttfn
CDL.

Based on what MX962 said I did a search in my online source for bird identification (don't know what "book" y'all are talkin bout) and it looks to be a Yellow Warbler.

Here's the link to the yellow warbler: http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/343...w_Warbler.aspx

ttfn
CDL.

Neat site, but they don't show variants & juveniles. After sitting down & taking some time to go through Nat Geo, Kaufman's, & Sibley's, I'm sticking with first year male Bay-Breasted warbler. The orbitals, lores, greater & median coverts do not match the Yellow warbler.

Thanks for all the help.

It was a pretty bird nontheless.

Most reactions

Back