Finding adult models

But no takers in the family and I cant really think of alot of friends who would be interested.

You never know until you ask them. Everyone's got a friend that is a closet model!

There are some great resources available to shoot even in small towns. These are people looking for "Modelling" photographs for their marketing needs, what is known in the industry as their "book":

Musicians, actors, athletes (minor league baseball) community leaders at non-profits, writers, other photographers, radio personalities, etc.

Contact the places where they work, or where they perform and offer them some free images (on a CD or as prints) if they will give you some time in front of your camera. By working with these kinds of people, you will get a lot of cooperation and a lot of good shots for your own "book".

Michael

While I am on modelmayhem I always had better luck finding models on Myspace. 90% wannabe models however there is a bigger selection .. they can post more images for free so you get a better idea of what you're walking into beforehand ... you can communicate without limitations for free .. also gives you the option of scouting out potential models who do not list their profile in the photographer / model network.
I start hitting myspace in the spring summer months (models tend to show up more during warmer months even if the shoot is indoors) because models on there are quick to sign a MR in exchange for files .. most dont even care if they are full-res .. they just want to post them on their myspace pages so they can tell everyone they are a model and don't care that I am making a profit off them.

kijiji.com is a great spot to.. list that your a photographer looking for models, also search the want ads.. there are some amature models want a photographer

I happen to be lucky enough to have good looking friends who like to get their pictures taken :) I have also approached people in bars before. I offer them my card and tell them I think they have an interesting look that I would like to shoot for my portfolio and that I am offering a set of 4x6s of the shoot, or whatever. I then tell them if they are interested after viewing my work, to contact me.

It probably is easier as a female to do this because of the safety factor for women to go to a random person's house to shoot, but you could meet at a park or whatever...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back