Finding Models?

AHHHH! NO! I gave one model a set of the series (13 8x10). She then asked for the set in 11x14, saying she wanted to give it to her mom for mothers day. I carged her for the materials for the 11x14s. Well she turned around and sold them all. I foun out she had done this while at a cocktail party with a friend. I look on the wall to see My work, the series I had done with the model. It seems she was passing the work as her own her signature and all. PUNK!
Model release forms are huge too.

bethany138 said:
I have definately exausted my options on omp...which I am very familiar with. I was looking for something smaller...maybe just a small forum or something... or tips on how to get people to model for you...lol.

thanks

If you can put up with the horrible coding on the website, you can find LOTS of people on myspace.com who want to model.

Ive tried so many times to get people to model for me and as soon as i ask them, i get a really negative response. I even tell them, it doesnt cost anything and they even get to keep the prints, yet people are so wary and sceptic that they think everything is a scam these days. Im getting really tired of trying to give 'free prints' away that it is really putting me down. Its like i have to beg people to want to have their photos taken.

Not sure what to do anymore or how to go about it. Family and friends are no problems, its when you ask the community, they go all funny and think you're weird or something, or you're trying to scam them for money.

Ive exhausted my options as well... its very frustrating.

Anyone know where to find aspiring models and actors who will work for prints in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA???

thanks

jadin said:
Show them your portfolio so they know you're legit.

They are not even interested in my portforlio but have made comments before they even know its ALL legit! Thats the frustrating thing about it.

Maybe ill just wait after i have my baby and see what happens but right now, im really really annoyed about all this.

bellaPictures said:
They are not even interested in my portforlio but have made comments before they even know its ALL legit! Thats the frustrating thing about it.

Maybe ill just wait after i have my baby and see what happens but right now, im really really annoyed about all this.
How do you manage to approach people like that?

I've approached about 50 people about being photographed and been turned down once. And I'm a scary looking guy.

DocFrankenstein said:
How do you manage to approach people like that?

I've approached about 50 people about being photographed and been turned down once. And I'm a scary looking guy.

That sounds good! How did u manage to do that? Please tell me your secret? Are these people you know? or anyone you meet?

bellaPictures said:
That sounds good! How did u manage to do that? Please tell me your secret? Are these people you know? or anyone you meet?
There's no secret really... most of the people I approach I don't know directly yet, because I've photographed most of my friends/acquaintances.

Very rarely I approach people, girls especially, on the street because it sounds too much like a pickup line. If I do, I make sure that she's with her husband/boyfriend.

On the street, I say hi. Introduce myself. Ask how they're doing. Tell that I'm an amateur photographer and I like to take pictures. Then I explain that because of such-n-such reason, I want to take their picture. I also take lots of pic around the university. Everybody knows I'm the camera guy.

I'm too cheap to offer prints. That's too expensive. :meh:

I tried doing the same thing but they get weird and wonder why you want their picture? I think in Australia, everyone is too scared and sceptical about everything.

I offer free prints to make it more attractive but its NOT working is it?? Damn it!

If they wonder... then you take time to explain to them why you're want their picture.

watch "the big kahuna" The sales guy has the right attitude in that department.

Most reactions

Back