What's new

Fine Art in Motion Fav

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You guessed it, another addition to the Fine Art in Motion set, I quite like this one and it has earned a high place on my fav's list.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


IMG_4909_1-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr
 
There is something mysterious in this picture and wild the way the branches are twisted and intermingled.
 
Thanks T :) I really like the chaos in it, it keeps me looking around.
 
Their arteries are external. warmth is there if you look. Call it whatever, but you bring part of you with the description.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Bitter and Ed :)
 
Shameless Monday morning bump after a slow weekend ;)
 
I love it, but I am also totally confused. Not confused about what the photo means, I'm sure it has many meanings and very different feelings for each of us.
But, I'm confused about how you got this shot? What was the technique involved? Did you "see" the final image in your mind's eye before you shot this? And if so, how?
This is what I call vision. Vision with a purpose, and a meaning. It engenders feelings in a very ethereal but earthly, elemental way
As stated before, I love it.
 
I love it, but I am also totally confused. Not confused about what the photo means, I'm sure it has many meanings and very different feelings for each of us.
But, I'm confused about how you got this shot? What was the technique involved? Did you "see" the final image in your mind's eye before you shot this? And if so, how?
This is what I call vision. Vision with a purpose, and a meaning. It engenders feelings in a very ethereal but earthly, elemental way
As stated before, I love it.

Thanks so much for your thoughts! I'm glad you enjoy the piece :)
This is part of my Fine Art in Motion series, these shots are taken at lower shutter speeds panned from a moving vehicle.

As for intent, I've been doing these for a couple years now and I have a good idea of how a shot will render depending on our speed, my shutter speed (without checking I'm going to ballpark this one at about 1/60) distance from the vehicle, position in relation to the vehicle (approaching, beside or behind) and the kind of light I have. I usually focus on shooting specific things during the drive ie. fences, trees, wider shots on days with a good sky etc but I also watch ahead for good subjects and quickly decide whether to shoot it or not and how I want to frame it and I have a general idea what I'm going to get, I say general because this method of combining all elements in play creates a lot of serendipity :)
 
I love it, but I am also totally confused. Not confused about what the photo means, I'm sure it has many meanings and very different feelings for each of us.
But, I'm confused about how you got this shot? What was the technique involved? Did you "see" the final image in your mind's eye before you shot this? And if so, how?
This is what I call vision. Vision with a purpose, and a meaning. It engenders feelings in a very ethereal but earthly, elemental way
As stated before, I love it.
Thanks so much for your thoughts! I'm glad you enjoy the piece :)
This is part of my Fine Art in Motion series, these shots are taken at lower shutter speeds panned from a moving vehicle.

As for intent, I've been doing these for a couple years now and I have a good idea of how a shot will render depending on our speed, my shutter speed (without checking I'm going to ballpark this one at about 1/60) distance from the vehicle, position in relation to the vehicle (approaching, beside or behind) and the kind of light I have. I usually focus on shooting specific things during the drive ie. fences, trees, wider shots on days with a good sky etc but I also watch ahead for good subjects and quickly decide whether to shoot it or not and how I want to frame it and I have a general idea what I'm going to get, I say general because this method of combining all elements in play creates a lot of serendipity :)

Sounds really interesting. I think I'm going to have to try this some time. Now if I can only figure out how to drive and shoot at the same time...........:mrgreen:
 
Ha! PLEASE don't attempt this while driving!!

You must share if you try it!
 
Wow :blushing: Thanks Otherprof!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom