Fireworks

Those are some cool shots - the sweet thing about fireworks is that the dazzling light, shapes, explosions really lend themselves to be captured in completely different ways.. moving the camera around with a long shutter yields abstracts, shots like this demonstrate the motion and action, quick shutters can freeze the action..

You'll find different fireworks shots by different people can vary widely. I really like how yours include the buildings and beach for context - some of those shots with the fireworks directly behind the building are great!

The GOOD thing about wind is that the smoke from the explosions moves - when the sky is calm everything turns white. Here were my experiences photographing fireworks...

Here is my bit of advice. Put the shutter on bulb and keep it open with a shutter remote. Then cover the lens with a black piece of construction paper. Then right before the firwork explodes, uncover the lens and let the firework burst, then quickly cover the lens without letting go of the button. Repeat for a few rounds, then finally end the exposure. When you look at the photo, it should look like 3 or 4 fireworks went off at once, and the foreground and sky shouldn't look over exposed so long as you kept the black index card or w/e over the lens for most of the exposure.

well it works for me though but the problem is the picture is small

Thanks for the replies :)

I dont know when i will get another chance to take photos of fireworks, but i will remember the bulb thing :)

well it works for me though but the problem is the picture is small

They get bigger if you click on them. ;)

Last edited:
nice shots..!!

Most reactions

Back