Firmware Updates

baturn

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have down loaded firmware updates for both my D300s and D7100. When I try to copy them to an SDcard it says the card is write protected. Do I just reformat the card first or what? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Have you the little switch on the corner of the card set to lock?

I tried that - in both positions.

If your camera is writing pictures to the card then you know it's not write protected.
Odd problem.
I would say to reformat it in the camera first, then if that doesn't work reformat in a computer.

On a PC you should be able to copy anything to the SD card.
Then afterwards reformat it in the camera again.

I recently did this update and it specified in the instructions to first format the card in the camera then put it in the pc to copy the downloaded file to it.

I recently did this update and it specified in the instructions to first format the card in the camera then put it in the pc to copy the downloaded file to it.
OK. I've gotten this far and put the card in slot1 of the camera then selected "firmware version". I get Done OK and the firmware version remains 1.01 no on screen directions as advertised. sorry to be so dense.

after you select firmware version "ok" there is an option at the bottom beneath "done" called "update" and you have to select that and hit ok.

Not getting the update option???

If I'm remembering correctly, the option to update was not there when I checked the firmware version. It only appeared after I loaded the card with the firmware update file on it so I suspect you have a problem with that step. Either the card is an issue or the file didn't get downloaded properly. Maybe try a different card?

Will do . Thanks for your info and patience.

It worked! Thank you all for your help. Now for the D300s.

It worked! Thank you all for your help. Now for the D300s.

It was nice to finally be able to help someone else instead of always being the one asking for help!

Most reactions

Back