What's new

First action shots with a digital camera.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
6,631
Reaction score
2,588
Location
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found it hard to track the action with the camera in continuous shooting mode.


1.

P1010341sm.jpg



2.

P1010342sm.jpg



3.

P1010344sm.jpg
 
Not bad looks like it was a lot of fun! I would either try to use a faster shutter speed next time though or try and pan with the kids on the sled.
TJ
 
I like how the slad slapped the kid in the face in the last photo.
Too bad their legs are cut off.

What type of AF settings do you have on your camera? Looks like a bright enough day that would allow for a decently fast shutter speed..
 
What make/model camera?

Do you have the camera set up so it focuses when the AF button is pressed rather than when the shutter is 1/2 pressed?

The camera will continue to track and focus through each shutter release that way.

If not it has to achieve focus again after each shutter release.
 
Not bad looks like it was a lot of fun! I would either try to use a faster shutter speed next time though or try and pan with the kids on the sled.
TJ

I had set the camera to continuous auto focus & shutter priority of 1/250s. I was attempting to pan the kids but there was a lot of dead space (no image) between the shots.
 
I like how the slad slapped the kid in the face in the last photo.
Too bad their legs are cut off.

What type of AF settings do you have on your camera? Looks like a bright enough day that would allow for a decently fast shutter speed..


I have since found my camera has AF tracking which should help the next time.

This is another series in which the first pic was spoiled by a drop of water falling in front of the camera.

P1010345sm.jpg



P1010346sm.jpg



P1010347sm.jpg
 
What make/model camera?

Panasonic G1 with 45-200mm lens.

Do you have the camera set up so it focuses when the AF button is pressed rather than when the shutter is 1/2 pressed?

The camera will continue to track and focus through each shutter release that way.

If not it has to achieve focus again after each shutter release.

Next time I will try the AF Tracking feature (dynamic tracking).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom