First attempt at a City Panorama - need critiques

CustomMinds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
http://www.customminds.com/houston/

I had never tried to do this before, I am still editing it some, but think its viewable.

you can zoom in, pan around and stuff. it is right at 525 megapixels.

This was taken from the south side of Houston looking north.

Took about 12 hours of processor time to make it work. 60GB of scratch disk.

hahah... wow

That's pretty impressive.

It took 12 hours though? That's odd. I did one ... granted not in the funky interface thing you have... I think it's right about that resolution unless I'm doing my math wrong... ~30,000 pixels long... didn't take me more than a few minutes to stitch them together. (admittedly I have an 8 core Xeon server as a desktop, but still... 5 mins... 12 hours...)

Thanks!

well your desktop trumps my laptop. :)

the image is 60200 x 8732

hahah... wow

That's pretty impressive.

It took 12 hours though? That's odd. I did one ... granted not in the funky interface thing you have... I think it's right about that resolution unless I'm doing my math wrong... ~30,000 pixels long... didn't take me more than a few minutes to stitch them together. (admittedly I have an 8 core Xeon server as a desktop, but still... 5 mins... 12 hours...)

thats sweet!

well i know where I am going to process the next batch! ;-)

lets see ... process. tripod camera, take photos, load all images onto computer. use adobe ps cs4 panorama feature to modify all raw images. (25 to 30 or so). from there... i should have saved, closed it, then reopened it until i was finished. but i left adobe opened. cropped, color corrected, blended a bit... ya know.. tinkered with the image.

The actual combine took about 10 minutes, but...

here's what took so long. i started with about 10 gb free. that soon filled, i had to copy a few albums off the laptop until i had about 80 gigs free. somehow over the course of the day, i created a 75 gig scratch history file from adobe on my laptop. it was crawling. i had the worst time trying to do the final save.

so... the way it should be.

1.take photos and load on laptop.
2.combine with ps4.
3.save and close adobe
4.restart adobe, merge all layers into one, save again, close and restart machine (make sure scratch disk is clear) -- mine didn't clear until i restarted.
5.edit freely this new single image (not layered)

hope this wasn't too wordy.

:)

Thanks!

well your desktop trumps my laptop. :)

Dude, my desktop trumps most production servers. :)

the image is 60200 x 8732

Oh ok, about 2x the size of mine... still... (and not to distract here) but if I may ask... what was your process?

http://www.customminds.com/houston/

I had never tried to do this before, I am still editing it some, but think its viewable.

you can zoom in, pan around and stuff. it is right at 525 megapixels.

This was taken from the south side of Houston looking north.

Took about 12 hours of processor time to make it work. 60GB of scratch disk.

Oh my... I'm clicker happy. I love this...:hug:: when you're finished working on it, post it again.

Polymoog, Yemme & Jeffro - Thank you!

:)

i might edit a bit more tonight. i have an idea...

Ok... I'm getting my index finger ready... Click away I go.

You should do a x-rated version for adults... :lol:

Most reactions

Back