First Attempt at Macro

harleydave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First pics with my Nikon Z6II and first attempt at Macro. I still have a lot to learn about the camera and photography.

Attachments

• fly 3.jpg
    fly 3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 84
  • flypost1.jpg
    flypost1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 61
  • flypost2.jpg
    flypost2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 62
Very nice for a first try, macro isn't easy. The focus seems to be slightly in front of the fly but otherwise a nice set. Have you read about the rocking motion to get the best pics with macro? Practice makes perfect. :wink-6:

Not bad for a 1st go

I hope you carry on trying what settings did you use?

Very nice for a first try, macro isn't easy. The focus seems to be slightly in front of the fly but otherwise a nice set. Have you read about the rocking motion to get the best pics with macro? Practice makes perfect. :wink-6:
I screwed up my focus point. Lot of practice and work I need to put in. I download some articles last night about macro and they did mention the rocking motion.

If you really want good macro shots you should invest in a good flash with diffused light, there are videos all over the net on how to make your own cheap if you wish. Without a flash you will want to keep your aper open for decent light and s.s. (like how you did with your pics) With a good flash set-up you can then decrease your aper to like f/16-f/22 and that will increase your dof.

If you really want good macro shots you should invest in a good flash with diffused light, there are videos all over the net on how to make your own cheap if you wish. Without a flash you will want to keep your aper open for decent light and s.s. (like how you did with your pics) With a good flash set-up you can then decrease your aper to like f/16-f/22 and that will increase your dof.
I'm definitely going the flash route. The articles I've been reading highly recommend one. Going to save up because on anything I purchase I lean toward buy it once, buy it right the first time.

Very good start!

Nice first set. Focus point and DOF are always the challenge. As Kirk says, diffused flash helps enormously with DOF because you can stop down and still have a decent shutter speed. Focus point needs practice.

First pics with my Nikon Z6II and first attempt at Macro. I still have a lot to learn about the camera and photography.
I use a "popesheild " diffuser and a recently purchased cygnustech diffuser ( search Instagram for the cygnustech) I use 1/200, f/8 -f/11 , ISO 200 with a godox TT350N Flash which gets good results..just a thought. !

Most reactions

Back