First attempt at Product photography C&C PLEASE!

Captain IK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a first attempt at product photography for me. I am more concerned about the lighting and the exposure than the composition, although if there is anything drastically wrong with the composition...please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

1. Setup...
DSC_0152.jpg

2. close up...
DSC_0161.jpg

Last edited:
How about putting a translucent (thin) white paper or cloth between the light and the object to diffuse the light a little bit?

Diffuse the lighting so you don't get the hot spots on the foreground propeller and the lower right edge of the bezel. And IMO add an additional lighting source from a different direction to reduce the shadows

Thanks guys...Don't know why I didn't think of that...a diffuser makes perfect sense.

i would say a top light and side light a diffuser all the way around and a different angle perhaps where we can see the clock face just a bit more....i would say i like the angle but it would be better at just a bit more of the face shown not straight on though im thinking right when u can just barely fully see the 9

Better but you still have shadows behind the clock. What is the lighting setup that you are using?

or you could just easily crop that out in photoshop and put it on a white background.

Here's a quick snap shot of my setup.
DSC_1392.jpg

Sorry guys....don't know why it posted sideways. :(

The only light in use is the one mounted high on the clock.

Here is my set up. Halogen light from the top and two clamp lights from the sides all shot through wax paper to diffuse the light. Dont mind the crappy snapshot

3178153486_554e65c51a.jpg

Some results with a bracelet that one of the kids made.

3178157792_bb7745a638.jpg

looks like you might could attatch that other light (facing away) to the shelf just to the left of the las blue model car and eliminate most of the shadow

Nice set up Mg.

Thanks EC,

I'll play around with that after supper...and post some results.

AS always input is appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back