First attempts, C/C if you would

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been fiddling with this D60 for a couple days now.

All shots taken in manual mode, onboard flash, and the kit 18-55 lens:

444483288_ez28U-L.jpg

444482816_gVce6-L.jpg

444636922_gP7W6-L.jpg

444640671_9EqkP-L.jpg

5.(I know, way under-exposed.... It's a streetlight behind the railing, and a path dug through the snow on the deck, just looking for composition advice. I'm going shopping for a tripod tomorrow.)
444657147_vfVsG-L.jpg

444218783_6PSY5-L.jpg

Last edited:
wow, i love all of em except first and last. first is just kinda boring. the last one has pretty decent comp. though. what kinda tripod are you lookign at?

I don't know.....

There is a camera shop in the next town over, I was thinking of going there. I guess I'd get a much better one online for a better price... I just want something in the 125-150 buck range if possible and for it to be sturdy and a quality piece. I realize I COULD spend a LOT more but it's not in my budget right now.

Thanks for the compliments, I agree that the fruit bowl is boring, but that was about my 3rd picture ever with the camera and I was playing with f-stop/depth of field. I'm disappointed with myself in the last one for not using a longer shutter speed. I did shoot one or two "duplicates" of that shot but my hand moved the camera(it was resting on a phone book) and they blurred. Hence the need for a tripod:)

yeah, my tripod was 70 bucks and it serves me fine hahahah

I like the one with the Christmas ornaments and the night shot! The two water splashing ones have promise, but try it in day light or use some other kind of light source. I can tell you used the camera flash which makes it look kind of cheap or something. Im not one for camera flashes unless it's used tastefully. Of course I am still learning about using flashes. I know nothing of flash or speed light tips.

Keep being creative!!!

Christopher

Thanks for the comment... Just from using it and playing with the settings I'm learning that what seems like decent light to the human eye could very well be nowhere near enough for the camera... At least with this lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back