First B&W from Noob.

taskoni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to do a B&W due to lack of sky. I guess it is waaay to dark, no? C&C?
Regards,
b.
4109945359_5240a1b046_b.jpg

For some reason, the crane throws the whole thing off for me. It makes the horizon seem like its tilted to the left.

what is the subject of the photo?
:blushing: I just liked the transition from more open space to very loaded background from right to left diagonally - where the crane actually pointing :)
And yep, the crane does make the horizon tilted - this what I really like about it :blushing:
Regards,
b.

From noob to noob I thinks it's ok. It doesn't make me think wow but it does remind me of a time when our econmy was booming in the 40's and 50's. Also I might add I'm looking at it on a phone lol. Like always.

From noob to noob I thinks it's ok. It doesn't make me think wow but it does remind me of a time when our econmy was booming in the 40's and 50's. Also I might add I'm looking at it on a phone lol. Like always.

funny you say that...i was going to say it looks like a period piece to me too. it has that industrial revolution look to it.

what is the subject of the photo?
:blushing: I just liked the transition from more open space to very loaded background from right to left diagonally - where the crane actually pointing :)
And yep, the crane does make the horizon tilted - this what I really like about it :blushing:
Regards,
b.

the problem is... you needed to explain the photo... know what i mean?

also... it's pretty tough to pick out the crane against its background...

Thanks for your comments. Will try to improve it. BTW, I guess the crane was standing out fair more on the original photo in color, but I hear what you're saying.
Thanks again for your time.
Regards,
b.

I like the basis of the shot, its an interesting subject. As with any subject, you need to try and build a photo from it. What I mean is that personally, I often shoot something from wider out and then look at the scene and try to CC myself and find something wrong...or something I can do different, bits I can pick out and try to focus on.

With this shot, I like the BW and the crane, I just dont like the composition. Anyway you can get a bit lower down and try and isolate the crane against a sky? Would make a decent line / angular photo, with a good industrial feel to it.

Keep building a shot as you are taking photos. I still try and take 10 photos of everything I decide to stop and photograph, from different angles, different lenses, ...

With this shot, I like the BW and the crane, I just dont like the composition. Anyway you can get a bit lower down and try and isolate the crane against a sky? Would make a decent line / angular photo, with a good industrial feel to it.
Keep building a shot as you are taking photos. I still try and take 10 photos of everything I decide to stop and photograph, from different angles, different lenses, ...

Thank you for your comment. You are absolutely right. Apparently I took the shot during the commercial shoot in Riga from my hotel room window (18th floor) which doesn't open. I don't have any filters besides the UV so I was really limited in angles and due to the reflections :blushing: but of course I wouldn't post the photo if I didn't like it. Will try to improve my framing and shoot more and often.
Regards,
b.

Most reactions

Back