First Baby Pictures

I like the soft even lighting and like you said unaffected by the camera.

With a close up shot like #1 he really needs to be looking at the camera. Did you crop this photo? It is very tight. I like the second with the mom after the crop was done :)

I did crop it tight because he was sitting in a bumbo sit to help him sit up but he wouldn't look at me to save my life. The only way I got him to look at me in #2 was because I had a reflector in my hand.

Lew, did you get those shots on a cloudy day? I mean the softness of the light would suggest as much. I am making myself look like a major noob but I am learning so it is okay.

Well you can tell it was cropped tight. You seems like you lost some quality there. Next time you could try for open shade :) Oh and make a bazillion weird crazy sounds to get eye contact.

Last edited:
Really? I only cropped a tiny bit and the 6D provides more than enough MP...I wanted to fill the frame with his face. :(

I made noises and had his toys waved around...my kids does really well with that sort of stuff but this kid wouldn't take his eyes off his dad. So then I tried to get him to stand over my should to force his eyes at least in my direction then he would go to his mom...it certainly was an experience.

Lew, did you get those shots on a cloudy day? I mean the softness of the light would suggest as much.

The girl was on a deeply overhung porch and the boy was on the north side of a large house. Both of those made for the soft light but not deep shade.

Here is the original uncropped version. The only PP done here is some warming up and sharpness around the eyes. Oh and I brought done the exposure by a full stop.
$Tucker5.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back