First Beach Photo Shoot (NSFW) C/C Please

ajohnson15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flashphotography15.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Honesty is always valued in my book. Had to shoot with on camera flash due to needing a permit on parks premises.

$Photo_Shoot_Lani-Rockaway-Beach-1.jpg$Photo_Shoot_Lani-Rockaway-Beach-74.jpg$Photo_Shoot_Lani-Rockaway-Beach-82.jpg$Photo_Shoot_Lani-Rockaway-Beach-105.jpg$Photo_Shoot_Lani-Rockaway-Beach-111.jpg$Photo_Shoot_Lani-Rockaway-Beach-121.jpg

Beautiful model, excellent poses, good frame, but you need to get that flash off the camera.

Beautiful model, excellent poses, good frame, but you need to get that flash off the camera.

^This! And some serious diffusion...

Spring for the permit! These have potential, but the strong on-camera flash really hurts.

yeah the on camera flash is ruining these.

I'm going against the grain and just not really loving these. . . her feet stand out to me - in a non-sexy sort of way. You should try to elevate yourself above her. . . shooting below her in not so flattering. Regarding the flash, everyone's comments above are applicable. . . it's over kill. I would have gone manual, and repaired in pp.

The poses all feel somewhat forced and unnatural, to me. She's very pretty and interesting to look at, but seems uncomfortable.

Available light would have been a better choice here, but I don't think it matters much -- she needs time in front of the lens to get comfortable and I think you both need to work on posing/directing. Once you get some nice looks going on, add some off camera flash or reflectors and suchlike.

All of the posing looks unnatural to me, and a little overly sexual. I may be pushing my own beliefs here, but when photographing anyone I try to avoid perpetuating the stereotypical "sex symbol" theme in a shoot. These photos to me look like you are trying to present her in an overly sexual way without showing any sort of personal connection between the model and the viewer. Sexiness can be portrayed without completely objectifying your model, and in my opinion it's a lot less appealing and sexy when it's obvious that the model is being objectified like she is in these photos. If you get a chance to photograph her again, I would suggest taking some time to put the camera away and to let your model get comfortable, and then photographing her with a more relaxed and less posed style. Give her some slow music to move to and let her do her thing while giving her a little bit of direction. Allow her to show more of her soul instead of T&A.

As far as lighting goes, this flat light from your flash is REALLY unflattering to the model. I agree with Amolitor in the advice of using available natural light. A light source that is coming from the same direction as where the lens is being aimed from is going to create really flat lighting, which gets rid of a lot of depth and detail. Using available light would have allowed you to use shadows in order to create depth and a mood. My favorite quote relating to photography is "In order to craft interesting light one must also create interesting shadows". Photography exists only because of light, so it stands to reason that good light lends to good photography, and bad light lends to bad photography. For me personally I would never compromise light just to get the photos; I would rather cancel the shoot if I couldn't get good lighting. In this case you had a location planned out that didn't work out, which is a good lesson as to why you should always have a backup plan for a shoot. If one location doesn't work out you have at least another option rather than being forced to compromise the quality of your photos.

Editing and image quality-wise, these could use a lot of work. The way you've edited her face makes her face look very unreal, as if you've taken skin-colored clay and smoothed it over her face. There just isn't any detail left after you've retouched it, and it doesn't match up with the rest of her body. It looks obvious that it's been edited, and that's always a bad thing. As well, I feel that in these particular shots the amount of noise is really taking away from the overall quality and clarity of the shots. In the future I would recommend using a lower ISO setting. I'm not bothered by noise in a photo up until it gets to the point where it's taking away from the sharpness of detail in the shot, and in these shots the noise is really taking away from the photos.

^^^^^ agree with everything he just said ^^^^^

So there is a contest this month :-D

644652490.png

Same as above, the flash is to change
Greets

Armin

All of the posing looks unnatural to me, and a little overly sexual. I may be pushing my own beliefs here, but when photographing anyone I try to avoid perpetuating the stereotypical "sex symbol" theme in a shoot. These photos to me look like you are trying to present her in an overly sexual way without showing any sort of personal connection between the model and the viewer. Sexiness can be portrayed without completely objectifying your model, and in my opinion it's a lot less appealing and sexy when it's obvious that the model is being objectified like she is in these photos. If you get a chance to photograph her again, I would suggest taking some time to put the camera away and to let your model get comfortable, and then photographing her with a more relaxed and less posed style. Give her some slow music to move to and let her do her thing while giving her a little bit of direction. Allow her to show more of her soul instead of T&A.

As far as lighting goes, this flat light from your flash is REALLY unflattering to the model. I agree with Amolitor in the advice of using available natural light. A light source that is coming from the same direction as where the lens is being aimed from is going to create really flat lighting, which gets rid of a lot of depth and detail. Using available light would have allowed you to use shadows in order to create depth and a mood. My favorite quote relating to photography is "In order to craft interesting light one must also create interesting shadows". Photography exists only because of light, so it stands to reason that good light lends to good photography, and bad light lends to bad photography. For me personally I would never compromise light just to get the photos; I would rather cancel the shoot if I couldn't get good lighting. In this case you had a location planned out that didn't work out, which is a good lesson as to why you should always have a backup plan for a shoot. If one location doesn't work out you have at least another option rather than being forced to compromise the quality of your photos.

Editing and image quality-wise, these could use a lot of work. The way you've edited her face makes her face look very unreal, as if you've taken skin-colored clay and smoothed it over her face. There just isn't any detail left after you've retouched it, and it doesn't match up with the rest of her body. It looks obvious that it's been edited, and that's always a bad thing. As well, I feel that in these particular shots the amount of noise is really taking away from the overall quality and clarity of the shots. In the future I would recommend using a lower ISO setting. I'm not bothered by noise in a photo up until it gets to the point where it's taking away from the sharpness of detail in the shot, and in these shots the noise is really taking away from the photos.

:clap:

Amen, brother.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back