First bird with the 300mm

spiralout462

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wildlife and I were hunkered down against the NW gale. Gotta love February!!

I don't know how you guys hold the really big glass. I was told this was a nice light weight combo, but I'm still holding a 6# kit in a stiff breeze. I'm glad I decided on IS! It seems to help, even if it does run like a 2 stroke lol. I can't complain with the sharpness. I'm looking forward to some better light conditions.
Heron 300mm2.jpg

You get to used to the weight after a while. When I shoot the big sig on windy days the wind seems to always tunnel inside the big lens hood and blow the lens around making it difficult to hand hold and keep my focus point on and usually is always blowing from my side or smack In my face.

Congrats on the 300, really cool image.

Herons are funny.
Hmm, thought you were referring to the f2.8 ... the f4 is a not so big for a wildlife lens.

Herons are funny.
Hmm, thought you were referring to the f2.8 ... the f4 is a not so big for a wildlife lens.

Oh, I know. I can only compare it to the 55-250 stm. It's my first ef lens made of metal. :)

Nice job on your first try with the "big lens".... Sometimes I shoot the 300 F4 and 200 F2.8 one handed, they are so light... ;P

Nice job on your first try with the "big lens".... Sometimes I shoot the 300 F4 and 200 F2.8 one handed, they are so light... ;P

I'll get there, don't you worry! Show off!! ;)

Most reactions

Back