First Bloom

PhotoJoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Two versions of the same image. Please feel free to critique. After all, I want to improve.

1261.jpg

1261crop100.jpg

The first would do it just fine for me if it were cropped a bit off the top. I think there's a little too much "lead in", so to speak. But I like it very much, otherwise.

I like the second, as well, very crisp detail here. I'm not overly fond of floral macros, so again, with the crop I'd like the first over the second.

But - that's just me. :D

terri said:
The first would do it just fine for me if it were cropped a bit off the top. I think there's a little too much "lead in", so to speak. But I like it very much, otherwise.

I like the second, as well, very crisp detail here.

I agree completely.

I the second one really catches my eye.

I'm not overly fond of floral macros

You know, in a weird way, I agree with you. To me, it seems a little like cheating, because nature just makes such an amazing subject without having to do a whole lot of work. It offers easy gratification, kind of like sugar. But it also impresses upon me power of the subject on perception of the image, and it is fun to do while I am re-exploring my photography skills.

You know, in a weird way, I agree with you. To me, it seems a little like cheating, because nature just makes such an amazing subject without having to do a whole lot of work. It offers easy gratification, kind of like sugar. But it also impresses upon me power of the subject on perception of the image, and it is fun to do while I am re-exploring my photography

I like that comment. It's honest. :D Besides, I like a little bit of that sugar myself, in mid-June when my daylillies are in full bloom and I can't believe how perfect they are. So I have to capture that perfection, right?? I must have a dozen macro shots of them. I look at these images later and think, pffft! Silly girl. :wink:

Yes it is easy to get some good looking pictures with flowers. I think you can consider that as a springboard though. Just because you are starting with beauty already does not mean there is no room for taking an exceptional picture.

It can make you lazy though it's so easy.

Really like that second one, very crisp....nice DOF too!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is both helpful and appreciated.

Most reactions

Back