What's new

First click with new lens

diverdale

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
North Carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been out of photography for years...just bought a Rebel XS to make sure I wanted to get back to it...have a lot to re-learn. Just got my Canon 50/1.4 and here's the first picture...not the best exposure but I couldn't resist :)

Dale

4426517387_5898103783_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yes, welcome back! I like the how the DOF turned out. It does a look a little underexposed. The meter probably saw all the white and overcompensated (common). Welcome to the forum!
 
Glad you decided to get back into it!

To me, product photos should be 100% in focus - but I'll let that slide since you're just playing with your new gear :D

Welcome to the site.
 
Thanks for the greets...I was trying to recreate this
3drender_1680x1050.jpg


Dale
 
It looks like you got your DOF very close to the product image (fyi, it's against rules to post the actual image, but a link is ok), but your lighting is hurting you. In the product shot, it looks like they had a light camera right up high, and a white reflector to the left. It may have also been shot with a macro lens or extension tube perhaps? Just guessing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom