First concert you ever attended...

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll go first but don't judge. I was only 12 or 13... it was one of those multi artist teeny bopper Christmas concerts put on by our local top 40 radio station in Boston, WRKO.

Sean Cassidy, Andy Gibb, James Montgomery Band, England Dan & John Ford Coley and the pièce de ré·sis·tance, the...
Bay City Rollers! S-A-TUR-DAY NIGHT!!

Oh my. That line up may just have killed me. lol

1979 in Albany. Judas Priest, Hell Bent For Leather tour. I was 8 and on top of my uncles shoulders. It was probably the first time I got stoned from second hand smoke as well. lol

On my own though?

I saw John Butler Trio and O.A.R. at the State Theater in Portland, ME when I was 17. John Butler still might have put on the best live show I've seen, and I've been to at least 50 shows since (although mostly club level music).

Maynard Ferguson, 1976.

With parents - We used to go see the USMC band play at the Iwo Jima Memorial grounds, in Arlington, VA during the summers when I was a kid.
Without parents - Frankie Valli, Jay and the Americans, and one other I can't recall. Went with a couple of the guys. (around 1972)
"Date" with a girl - Not a concert but a musical at high school with Jackie T., a very attractive redhead I'd gone to middle school with (1973 or 1974)

Last edited:
1970 Fleetwood Mack, Alpine Valley Wisconsin.

Queen opened for Mott The Hoople at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in 1974.

Excellent!

I think my first 'proper' concert was 1987 or 1988. My sister and I were visiting our other sister in Florida and we saw Luciano Pavarotti at the Orlando Civic Center.

First "rock" concert was in college, 1989, at the UFlorida bandshell. B-52s.

AC/DC with Blackfoot. 1980 at the Met Center in Bloomington MN. It was their Back in Black tour. One heck of a night.

I wonder how many young-uns are reading this thread and thinking "Who the *&$@ is THAT?!?!?!"

Most reactions

Back