First concert you ever attended...

Oh no, why does this site (usually the Coffeehouse or Leaderboard) always get some song stuck in my head?!?! lol now I'll have stuff going thru my head all night...

I guess it was the Doobie Brothers, before anybody knew who they were. Saw them at college, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter sat out on the front of the stage in our basketball arena. Yep, they were still unknowns...

I know I had a chance to see Pink Floyd during the Animals tour, and was not allowed to go. Mom, I want to forgive you but it's hard. Alice Cooper scared her, too. :lol:

I can't recall for sure, now - likely something she considered tamer for my age, like the Doobie Brothers or Beach Boys (after Brian Wilson quit touring, sniffle). Oh, or maybe Bob Seeger; he played Detroit a lot back when he was still worth seeing.

First and last:

John Fogerty in Stephens Auditorium, Ames, Iowa. (maybe sometime in the 1990's ?)

My son bought us tickets.

I had no idea who he is or why I was going.

The music was very loud.

The Vandals at the Black Cat in DC.

We got to see about 3-4 songs before we had to go home--it was a school night.

Oh my. That line up may just have killed me. lol

1979 in Albany. Judas Priest, Hell Bent For Leather tour. I was 8 and on top of my uncles shoulders. It was probably the first time I got stoned from second hand smoke as well. lol

Funny mine was Judas Priest in the mid-80's at CNE Grandstand.

1979 in Albany. Judas Priest, Hell Bent For Leather tour. I was 8 and on top of my uncles shoulders. It was probably the first time I got stoned from second hand smoke as well. lol

Judas Priest was one of the bands that we all used to draw in pen on our denim 3-ring binders in the 80s :) And of course, everyone knew how to do the funky Styx "S". Never saw either of them in concert, though.

The concert that wasn't my first, but the most important for me to see was Rush. Saw them twice, actually - once in Jacksonville and once in Pittsburgh. I had always dreamed of seeing them in concert in Toronto - hometown crowd and all - but I am not sure that's ever going to happen. First, I know they're still touring, but I imagine opportunities are more limited than they once were. Second, I am now old enough that all I can think of is how much I do NOT want to deal with crowds and parking and being bone tired. :dob:

Judas Priest was one of the bands that we all used to draw in pen on our denim 3-ring binders in the 80s :) And of course, everyone knew how to do the funky Styx "S". Never saw either of them in concert, though.

The concert that wasn't my first, but the most important for me to see was Rush. Saw them twice, actually - once in Jacksonville and once in Pittsburgh. I had always dreamed of seeing them in concert in Toronto - hometown crowd and all - but I am not sure that's ever going to happen. First, I know they're still touring, but I imagine opportunities are more limited than they once were. Second, I am now old enough that all I can think of is how much I do NOT want to deal with crowds and parking and being bone tired. :dob:

Unfortunately Rush retired from touring last year. They were another favorite of mine but never saw them in concert. For Prog rock I did see Yes and Jethro Tull.

Geddy lee and Alex Leifson are supposedly forming an offshoot group. No Neil Pert.

Unfortunately Rush retired from touring last year. They were another favorite of mine but never saw them in concert. For Prog rock I did see Yes and Jethro Tull.

Geddy lee and Alex Leifson are supposedly forming an offshoot group. No Neil Pert.

Bummer! Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall hearing something about this. I think I blocked it out of my memory - too traumatic ;)

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the offshoot group. I mean, I kinda get it, and I know those two were childhood friends and they started Rush with a different drummer. And I am really really curious to hear what they come up with.

But man, those three are just so great together, so it's hard to imagine them not making music as a trio.

1979 (I was 15) saw the group Kansas.

Still go to shows.....going to see the Scorpions in Chicago Sept 23rd. ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!!!!

After my admittedly laughable start, I became a bit of a concert junkie. At around 16, I had a friend whose uncle had something to do with the music business (can't remember what it was exactly - record company? recording studio?), anyway, he got her tickets and sometimes backstage passes to everything that came into Boston back in the late 70's through the late 80's - Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat - I didn't even know who they were, still don't!, KISS, AC/DC, Aerosmith (at least 5X), Van Halen, Journey, Prince, the Police, Queen, the Cars, Pat Benatar, Meatloaf, Guns n Roses... anyone even remotely mainstream from the late 70's through the 90's, I've seen them live - even some not so mainstream - Echo and the Bunny Men, ???

I took my daughter to our local top 40 radio station's Christmas concert last December when she was 13. It was a bunch of teeny bopper stars. Today's Sean Cassidys! Full circle right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back