First Day of Photography! C&C

AndrewK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken a few weeks ago, on a Panasonic Fz5!

Pretty much my first real go at photography, after much research and interest.

Im getting a Nikon d40 in a few days, but the Panasonic has held up quite nicely.

Tell me what you think!

1)
3722482830_0ec250d1f6.jpg

2)
3721669407_066a527aa5.jpg

3)
3722485636_a609b47fe6.jpg

4)
3719585232_d80c4ff754.jpg

5)
3724767905_3b43981f2c.jpg

Last edited:
i think you need to work on your exposure ... your pix seem underexposed.
i've been told no to take pictures by directly pointing the camera at the sun ... not good for the camera and pix usually don't come out that well either (unless u're catching a sunrise/sunset when the temperature of color isn't that high).

from what I hear, the standard here, if you want good CC, is to only post 3 or 4 pics

u should try to make that first one HDR.

from what I hear, the standard here, if you want good CC, is to only post 3 or 4 pics

Strongly recommend 1-2 MAX. 1 is best. Pick one you love or are particularly interested in and ask for specific critique.

u should try to make that first one HDR.

No. Just no. HDR is a complicated process and is hard enough to do right when you have mounds of experience in photography and post-processing techniques. Recommending that a beginner jump into HDR is...ill-advised.

I'd wait until you get a handle on the D40 too, and start learning more about exposure. Remember, your first 10,000 frames are your worst. ;)

Take care when choosing your subjects and try to make the composition pleasing. For instance, in your first shot, yes its underexposed, but you did capture a picture within a picture. Your lake is framed at the top by the branches, and on the sides by the bushes and you have your foreground. Not too bad of a start.

On your second shot though,[again underexposed] you shot through the reeds and the shot loses interest because the reeds become lines over the stream. Most shots of this type are taken from an angle to include the reeds at the edge of the stream and part of the stream along side them.

Your third shot is very vague - I'm not sure what the subject is, the puddle? The reflection in the puddle? The wet pavement? Try to make your subject easily known.

4 - Acceptable composition, but the flower has obviously started to wither, normally not the best flower for a close-up of this nature, unless you're trying to show the flowers beginning demise.

You might want to pick up a copy of "Learning to See Creatively" by Bryan Peterson. Its a very good book that can help you with composition.

Keep practicing.

Most reactions

Back