first day of the long weekend

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
had a couple hours tonight shooting with some friends at Valley Inn...

rwebsz0885.jpg

2 Daisy has some very sweet fans!
rwebsz0887.jpg

3 I don't like the big OOF branch front left, but not much I could do with it.
rwebsz0888.jpg

4 grumpy Grackle
rwebsz0889.jpg

rwebsz0892.jpg

rwebsz0894.jpg

7 great Blue Heron looking for dinner!
rwebsz0895.jpg

8 and left for another restaurant!
rwebsz0897.jpg

9 On the way back to the truck, in almost 0 light, I had to take a try at these cuties!
rwebsz0898.jpg

10 these were shot at 500 iso, 1/40 sec @ f5.6 as the sun was gone!
rwebsz0899.jpg

rwebsz0900.jpg

Thanks for looking!

You have a long weekend!?!?
Cool!
That means we're going to see MANY new brilliant bird photos soon, doesn't it? Something to look forward too ... and if you can toss in the odd Daisy and/or Maria photo, all the better :biggrin: .
Like the one of Daisy and her new cuddly friends ... that you photographed again in 9 ... did you then use a flash?

thanks Electric and LaFoto..

I am not really set up yet for flash use, I do have a couple here, and there is an built in flash with the camera, but I just haven't messed with them too much.

Wow, you sure know how to make the best of the low lighting conditions! #4 (the glare!), 8 (the lighting) and 9 (the cuteness factor) are my faves. I hope you get shots and post 'em every day!

Those little ducks are so cute! How absolutely precious!

Brilliant photography Sir Raymond.

awesome series ray, good job working with what limited light there was... i really enjoyed the DOF in #1-#5, herons are good as always and those goslings (?) are just adorable... :thumbup:

FANTASTIC!

i like #1. i am just not a fan of the geese. they nest right by the door i have to enter to work. we have had several altercations.... a large goose trying to beat the ears off your head with its wings is not pleasant. lol!

the young ones are cute though.....

Thanks so much everyone!! We had brutal weather for the last two days of the weekend, but I did get out for 3 shoots today.. pics coming soon.

Mohain said:
Wow Raymond. They are all great shot, but that last one is awsome! :shock:

Thanks Mohain.. I liked that one best too.. I printed it on Saturday on my last sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 and it looks much better then this low kb shot in here. Bought more paper today!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back