First DSLR Camera Advice, Please

1st of all I think you need to go with a full frame DSLR either Nikon or Canon. This is because it will have the same size sensor as the 35mm film camera and lenses will have the same DoF and perspective. APS-C cameras have a smaller sensor so you will have to relearn focal lengths and settings to get the same thing you are doing now. What lenses do you currently have now?

I'm definitely leaning towards going with a full frame after reading everyone's replies. I think I'll be happier in the long run.

The lenses I use the most are a Canon Macro EF 50mm & Sigma 70-300mm (the Sigma needs to be replaced), occasionally I also use a Sigma 28-90mm.

1st of all I think you need to go with a full frame DSLR either Nikon or Canon. This is because it will have the same size sensor as the 35mm film camera and lenses will have the same DoF and perspective. APS-C cameras have a smaller sensor so you will have to relearn focal lengths and settings to get the same thing you are doing now. What lenses do you currently have now?

I'm definitely leaning towards going with a full frame after reading everyone's replies. I think I'll be happier in the long run.

The lenses I use the most are a Canon Macro EF 50mm & Sigma 70-300mm (the Sigma needs to be replaced), occasionally I also use a Sigma 28-90mm.
This is the rout I would go.
Canon EOS 5D Digital SLR Camera Body {12.8 M/P}
or
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR Camera Body {21.1 M/P}
or if you can swing it,
https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Frame-...=UTF8&qid=1484523702&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+5d

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

or
or if you can swing it,
https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Frame-...=UTF8&qid=1484523702&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+5d

Thanks, Greybeard! I'm leaning towards saving a little more and going with the Mark II (or something similar) refurbished or used. This way I can also upgrade the Sigma 70-300mm at the same time.

or
or if you can swing it,

Thanks, Greybeard! I'm leaning towards saving a little more and going with the Mark II (or something similar) refurbished or used. This way I can also upgrade the Sigma 70-300mm at the same time.
Sounds like a plan

Most reactions

Back