First DSLR photos

Itzyu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm no photographer. I don't know composition, lighting, placement, etc... I just had my very first DSLR experience this morning so I'm certainly ignorant of all the settings and functions. These are my firsts shots ever. I've always had fun taking pictures. Lots and lots and lots of pictures... now I'm ready to get serious about it!
Anyway how about my first go? What did I do right or wrong?
DSC_0013.jpg

house018.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

Cute photos. Son's first day back to school?

#1 - IMO, I would really suggest not using your flash unless you have to. It really casts some distracting shadows. Just look at the shadows of those leaves. I would also like to see that photo again shot at just a little lower angle and perhaps a little bokeh of the background. Maybe try a f2.8 if you can. Also, this photo might need just a tad of sharpening.

#2 - Again, a little bokeh would help your viewers focus on your son. Just a little bit though. Enough to make your son pop out of the photo yet not too much to make the view not recognize the bus he is walking to.

#3 - Cute photo. My fav out of the three. Here, I think you could try a little vignetting to help us focus on your boy.

Overall, I believe you have some nice photos here. You might want to look into using RoT (Rule of Thirds) to make your photos a tad more interesting. Here is a link to a short video on RoT if you don't understand it quite yet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Quick_Tips_Using_the_rule_of_thirds/4660-10621_7-6824377.html

Just my 2bit suggestions. Hope it helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back