First Engagement Shoot

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is one of my very first engagement sessions with a couple getting married this weekend. I am thinking that the hands are in a bad position, or I should have taken a wider type angle of this particular image. Just wondering your thoughts. Thanks for looking!

Sample.jpg

Oh yea, and I forgot to mention, when I shot this session, my camera had a major malfunction. During this session, my shutter started to lag, and I was getting a large glare right down the middle of the frames. :-( But all is better now that its been replaced!

Looks great but I would watch hand placements. His hands probably should have been placed better but for now you could clone them out.
Other than that I really like the shot.

Like GHP said, the hand placement is odd to say the least. It's like his hands are on her gut, which is just weird. Other then that it looks really good.

So should I clone them out? And any suggestions for next time for the hands?

So, does something like this look any better?

003b.jpg

cloning out the hands look odd. It looks like his hands are behind her butt.

So is there a viabable solution for posing of the hands for a pose of this nature?

Weird question0- Is she pregnaqnt? I can't tell from the angle. If she is, I'd say the first shot is good. If not, I'd go w/the second shot.

I also dislike those red bricks behind her head.. my eyes keep going there. Can you desaturate them a bit? And blur the background more too. That might help!

i was going to ask the same thing...if she was pregnant.
were you shooting from above them?

Yep, she is. And I was shooting...for lack of better terms...straight on!

i was going to ask the same thing...if she was pregnant.
were you shooting from above them?

Yep, she is. And I was shooting...for lack of better terms...straight on!

Hmm...I think the issue with this picture is that it looks like he is having to bend down really far to get in close to her. Was he standing on a step above her? Or was he just that much taller than her?
I think maybe I would have had him hook his left hand (the one closer to the camera) in his pocket somehow and then hold onto her waist more from behind with his right.

Yea...he is one step higher that she is, should i maybe get them to stand on the same step. And great suggestion on the hands...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back