First Engagement shoot

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did this for a photog friend. Got to use all his full frame gear for it. I had other shots I was going to post but my 2 yr decide to wreak havoc on my laptop this morning. But I wanted to share so here yall go.

Engagement Session by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Hmmm... to be honest Joe, I'm not overly fussed about this one. First, the couple seems to take up too little space in the image, and second, the large bright area in the centre background (sunset on skyscrapers?) is where my eyes graviate to and I really have to work to look for the couple.

My friend liked it. As I said he is also a photographer. We had discussions about how to frame the shots. This was a spot he wanted to go to and knew what he was looking for. Shot it with his zeiss 135mm wide open at f1.8. He is very into skylines and cityscape. So very successful in delivering what the client was seeking. Personally I love it. We were a but disappointed we didn't get there about 20 mins earlier. The lighting would have been nicer but we went to get tacos before this last part of the session.

I agree w tirediron. But so long as the client loves it, who cares what we think ;) great job on a successful shoot!

Strange comp, but if he likes it then woohoo.

His head is barely separated visually from the background, this is odd. The image has a lot of visual confusion. Even pros love pictures of themselves!

Hmmm... to be honest Joe, I'm not overly fussed about this one. First, the couple seems to take up too little space in the image, and second, the large bright area in the centre background (sunset on skyscrapers?) is where my eyes graviate to and I really have to work to look for the couple.
Totally agree with that. People like it ? Well, I've seen worse framed and displayed on the wall with pride.

To be honest as well, I'd have to agree with the critiques as well. Nothing is wrong with the skyline just the lighting, which you said you got there 20 minutes late so you agree also the lighting was off. As far as the client goes, if the client likes it then super. But since the man in the picture is your friend and a photographer as well, and he also agreed with the composition then it was more of a collaboration than a photographer-client deal, wouldn't you agree?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back