First ever macro

Cheex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got a lens tonight so I went to the backyard to get a few flowers. I have no idea what I'm doing so any C&C would be great.

IMG_6922-1 by Chodie89, on Flickr

MOTH by Chodie89, on Flickr

IMG_6964-1 by Chodie89, on Flickr
^Not my fav but other people might like... maybe?

Not too bad for an initial try - what lens and camera combo? I like to know the techie stuff...:thumbup:

#1. Not bad at all, I like it - nice bokeh, colours are nice, maybe a tad over-saturated, not sure, as weird things can happen when you downsize and post on the web.

#2. Too bad that the back half of the critter is out of focus, and I am not sure what the red-eye is all about - did you use a flash?

#3. Again - nice image, if you crop some of the image off the right side so only the petals show, then you have a bit of an abstract image.

Keep up the practice and surf the web as there is a lot of stuff out there on macro photography, particularly bugs and flowers. Here is one to get you going: Macro Photography for Beginners – Part 1 and check out the link to Part 2 at the bottom of the page.

My 0.02¢ worth.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Not too bad for an initial try - what lens and camera combo? I like to know the techie stuff...:thumbup:

#1. Not bad at all, I like it - nice bokeh, colours are nice, maybe a tad over-saturated, not sure, as weird things can happen when you downsize and post on the web.

#2. Too bad that the back half of the critter is out of focus, and I am not sure what the red-eye is all about - did you use a flash?

#3. Again - nice image, if you crop some of the image off the right side so only the petals show, then you have a bit of an abstract image.

Keep up the practice and surf the web as there is a lot of stuff out there on macro photography, particularly bugs and flowers. Here is one to get you going: Macro Photography for Beginners – Part 1 and check out the link to Part 2 at the bottom of the page.

My 0.02¢ worth.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the comments and link

I am using a T2i with the 180mm 3.5 L

Last edited:
More C&C please!

1. I like it but it looks under exposed to me

2. out of focus? looks like you focused on the rope?

3. under exposed and I'm not sure If i like the angle of it. Maybe try shooting it from the top of the flower? (but that's just my opinion) :)

1. Underexposed (best of the bunch though)
2. DOF too shallow
3. Flat light and uninteresting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back