First ever trip to Yosemite National Park

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says, my first trip to Yosemite.

1. Obligatory 'tunnel' shot. I took this twice, once in the early morning during sunrise, and it was a little rough. Highlights were blown all over with the sun reflecting off the granite. So on my way out of the park I tried again. Glad I did.

2. El Capitan taken from the fissures. Quite breathtaking, being over 3000' feet off the valley floor.

3. Didn't realize I got the moon until I was editing:

4. They do Tai Chi differently in Yosemite. I decided to pass on a lesson!

3 is the best of the set in my opinion. Its a better angle and view for me. I like how you can really feel a better depth to the pic compared to the others. The moon barely visible is a nice touch as well.

Thanks Shipman! I'm not sure if you have been to Yosemite, but if not it's well worth the trip. If you look at shot #1, find the half-dome then look to the right for the rounded white peak....that's where I was standing for the 3rd shot. It is called Sentinel Dome. Not a bad hike, about 1.1 miles off the glacier point road. It was a fantastic afternoon. So much more to see, but I couldn't possibly do it in one afternoon.

In a couple of the photos it looks like a CPL filter gave you an uneven effect in the sky.

The Sun needs to be 90° to either side of the lens axis, and can't be more than about 30° above the horizon.
Even within those angular limits, with a wide angle lens a CPL filter may still give an uneven effect.

I have not but would love to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back