First ever uploads, C&C welcome!

marcusklemme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still rather new to photography, but these are some of my favorites that I've taken lately. Any comments are welcome!

CSC_5396.jpg

CSC_5374.jpg

CSC_5379.jpg

CSC_5383.jpg

Thanks for lookin :sillysmi:

Really nice! There's something funky about the composition in #4, I think the white napkin or whatever is positioned strangely, but the landscapes are nice.

#3 suffers from "I'm sliding off the Earth sideways" syndrome. A quick leveling of the horizon would make this much nicer. Also I think a little bit of a crop of the sky would draw your eye to the beautiful reflection of the sunset in the water.

Keep shooting!

Hey there and welcome to TPF! Photography is a great release for me as I'm sure it is for you.

Here are some of my insights (and thanks for numbering the photos):

#1 Way too blue...watch your WB

#2 Really like this one...I like that dreamy, foggy look

#3 Nice colors but the focus is to too shallow meaning the horizon is OOF (Out of Focus), try a smaller aperture such as F16 or smaller

# 4 Would be better if the subject wasn't so centered but then again this actually looks good centered, maybe its the tilt that "throws" me off

What time of day was #1 taken?? I love it. Railroad tracks are a favorite of mine:)

Really liked 1 and 2. #1 is very blue but I like it. #2 is very beautiful

Usually I dislike all bnw photos posted here, simply because people don't understand what bnw photograhpy is all about, and it doesnt work when you take a pic of a garden full of flowers and you make it black and white.

I must say though, Bus_Rider hit the spot dead on with his bnw version. It looks better than the colored one. Probably the first good black and white photo I've seen here in a while.

Agreed with the bus rider got it right. Remember, a camera can also be turned horizontal. Those trees and landscape off of the tracks distracts my eyes from looking down the middle.

I like the idea and quality of 4 but like everyone else said, the tilt is distracting.

Keep up the good work!

What time of day was #1 taken??

I took that photo right at dusk on my nightly walk, I also enjoy traintracks so I decided to venture down them for a nice stroll.

That black and white version looks really good!

I have absolutly no editing softwear of any sort so that's why the WB is out on #1, or any other imperfections for that matter! I was promised a copy of CS3 from a friend but that was 6 months ago when I first got into photography... I've since given up on him.

Thanks alot for the advice and nice comments guys, really means alot to me ;)

That black and white version looks really good!

Thank you. But remember... It is your photo... I just showed you a different view of it...

I have absolutly no editing softwear of any sort

The Gimp is free (thats the editing software I used...) You can download it from www.gimp.org and try it out. If you like it, you can use it FREE. :)

There is a pretty steep learning curve to it... But no more than Photoshop...

Thanks for that Homer!.. I mean BuS RiDeR, I'll look into that right now. Seems like a nice way to spend my Saturday night, other than sitting on forums ofcourse :)

Most reactions

Back