First few tries with a 60mm Macro...

crlovel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still playing with my new Canon T4i, learning what's what. Here're a few macro shots I took with a Tamron 60mm lens.

A liquor bottle:

$1009007_594917237220515_2120804564_o.jpg

Something out of the wife's herb garden:

$1146779_594917510553821_568879912_o.jpg

Mmm...steak:

$1090957_594917293887176_1655665680_o.jpg

$1077410_594917367220502_479458158_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey

I like the first one. What kind of bottle was it?

Second image I think would be more interesting with a different color background. So much green just kind of suffocates it with green I think. The plant doesn't really POP. Not sure if that was something you could control though. :)

Good point about the herb - I can move it, it's in a pot. I'll have to do it when the wife's not home, though!

I don't remember what kind of liquor it is. I found it at the store a few months ago and bought it purely for the aesthetics of the bottle itself. I'll check when I get home from work.

It's vodka. Crystal Head Vodka to be exact. (No, I'm not an alcoholic, just a former bartender who recognized the bottle on sight ;) )

It's vodka. Crystal Head Vodka to be exact. (No, I'm not an alcoholic, just a former bartender who recognized the bottle on sight ;) )

That's it! It's a tiny bottle, too, a small sampler.

What's the magnification? Those pictures don't seen very "macro" I just got a canon 1:1 60 mm and I can see individual fibers in my pants
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What's the magnification? Those pictures don't seen very "macro" I just got a canon 1:1 60 mm and I can see individual fibers in my pants
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's a Tamrom 1:1 60mm macro. Am I using it wrong? Distinct possibility, I've not used a macro in 20 years and this is my first digital SLR. (I really need to read the damn manual.)

The skull pic, you can see dust on it - the bottle is a sampler bottle, really tiny. About the size of a ping pong ball. The large black specks on the steak are pieces of pepper and seasoning.

I think the first one is the best. I don't know if the second one is close enough to be considered 'macro' but I could be wrong. The pictures of the steak...well, first I might be biased because I'm a vegetarian. I don't find a steak to be the best subject for macro. It looks...diseased. But beyond that, I think the DOF is too shallow for that low angle.

I think the first one is the best. I don't know if the second one is close enough to be considered 'macro' but I could be wrong. The pictures of the steak...well, first I might be biased because I'm a vegetarian. I don't find a steak to be the best subject for macro. It looks...diseased. But beyond that, I think the DOF is too shallow for that low angle.

It's funny you say that. I LOVE close-up photos of food - exactly for what you said. No matter how delicious it is - it just about always looks disgusting close-up.

It's funny you say that. I LOVE close-up photos of food - exactly for what you said. No matter how delicious it is - it just about always looks disgusting close-up.

Certainly would be a good weight loss technique ;)

Most reactions

Back