What's new

First go-about with the Siggy 8mm

480sparky46 45

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got out this morning to take my new (to me) Sigma 8mm circular fisheye for a test drive.


I haven't had a chance to do my standard bench-test to find to 'sweet spot', so I tried to keep the aperture at f/8 or f/11.


As I'm visiting family in Texas for the holiday, I took a stroll around the back yard once the sun got a ways up in the sky. I started off with the traditional full-sky shot:


D61_0199Post.jpg





As with many lenses, this one is subject to flare, especially when the light source is withing the frame. Here's the 100% crop of the above image:


D61_0199Post2.jpg





Wood fence, about 4" away:


D61_0206Post.jpg







Another flare test, this time with the sun along the edge of the circle:


D61_0213Post.jpg





100% crop of above:


D61_0213Post2.jpg





Sharpness and chromatic abberation test:


D61_0222Post.jpg





100% crop of above:


D61_0222Post2.jpg





Another sharpness & CA test


D61_0224Post.jpg



100% crops of the above (near center and at edge of circle):


D61_0224Post2.jpg





D61_0224Post3.jpg









I haven't had a chance to really do my standard bench-testing, but this first outing shows that this lens is certainly quite sharp across the image, with no real CA issues. All-in-all, it seems a very sharp lens!
 
Nice. I really like the fence. You are going to make me want a fisheye now.
 
Ditto Ron, I've started looking.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom