First HDR C&C Plz

Thanks rangerrick9211. I'll keep those tips in mind for the next attempt. Yea... the bottle is crooked. That wasn't my intentions, but I wasn't too concern with the composition. I was more focused on weather I could HDR it or not.

those light things are distracting!
i forgot what there called
:)

isn't HDR meant for when you either have an extremely bright background or something like shadows in the foreground? i guess.. i thought it was basically for when you wouldn't be able to properly expose the scene in a single shot. i don't see why you wouldn't have been able to properly expose this scene in a single shot.

obviously you can achieve those cartoonish looks with HDR, which often look pretty cool as well, but to my knowledge HDR is meant for trying to make a photo with difficult exposure look as how your eye would see it.

I kinda figured that out trough this process. It seem as though people like to HDR everything these days lol

I kinda figured that out trough this process. It seem as though people like to HDR everything these days lol

HDR is very popular, and I enjoy the shot you took because they remind me of yummy irish car bombs...but you can't HDR everything. Well, you can....But I think most people who do HDR (including myself) only do HDR when I know that HDR is my intension. I don't go around photographing stuff and then saying "let's try HDR." HDR is good when you have lots of bright colors or dark colors or a mixture of both and you want to make them pop. There is a church by my house that I will photographing today. From atop of a hill, I will have a bright blue skyline, a long wide street with colorful buildings and a church that pops into the sky above the trees with a turquoise roof and I know NOW that I will put that sucker into Photomatix and convert it to HDR because it has all the ingredients for it. Again, great shot...but you wouldn't have had to waste time converting it. It would have been a good pic without it. =)

That beer looks good right about now on a friday afternood ready to leave work lol good picture .

Here is an HDR of a car .Think it looks great .

2905333346_3b27281eba.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3214/2905333346_3b27281eba.jpg?v=0

You people (yes I said you people), are silly. Look directly in front of you. Is there a computer monitor? If so, is it creating a large enough shadow to throw everything it blocks into some pretty black areas? Yes? Well then thats yer HDR shot right there.

People have become spoiled with HDR images.

This is an HDR (not mine) image. Of a bucket. Of cherries. Of course it has been tone mapped, but it demonstrates the point - HDR isn't just about blown out skies, and buildings in deep shadows. Anything can be tone mapped so long as there is sufficient contrast range from light to shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back