Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

I waited until yesterday to hang the feeder, we've had frost warnings the last three nights, sigh..

Today was cloudy and rainy but I just had to Shoot one :mrgreen:

Hummer24May.jpg

And a little better light conditions today :sexywink:

Atthefeeder.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
Wow, nice. The PP seems a little weird for me, but I'm amazed you even managed to grab a pic of these little buggers. They zip around our house all the time and are 1. way too fast, 2. way too smart, 3. way too leery of me for me to get a picture.

Very nice. BTW, the DOF effect is beautiful.

Shooting with my 300mm zoom and sitting in the shade about 15 ft away from the feeder. Use a monopod to hold the lens steady. Ive used flash to catch hummers. The flash never seems to bother them as they probably see many flashes off things all day, like car windshields etc. It then adds a highlight to the eye in the shot. like the first one you caught. Gives good fill light when they are under the awning the feeder hangs from.

Did you crop these? Either the way you saved the file or the part of the photo that was enlarged is giving some noise. If you did, I'd be interested in seeing the whole photo. :)

I LOVE trying to photograph these guys. I'd say you had the perfect shutter speed on them!

Ever since I've started using Adobe Elements 7 I've noticed that Photobucket Does Not display the images in the same way the original appears on my screen ?

To be clear, I usually only adjust the lighting in Elements, I always do any final sharpening in FastStone.

HooverTwofullsize.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back