JACKSON UPDATE

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
So our pup JACKSON has now been training with me since January 3rd, 2019 and has come along nicely as a gun dog trainee. JACKSON will be making his first runs in the AKC Junior Hunter stakes in back to back events this weekend as hosted by the Colonial Field Trial Club and the Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Boston respectively.

vXlQ%wbaSKWQ3QjnoU8Enw_thumb_9368_Fotor.jpg

JACKSON is seen on the training table yesterday whilst holding a training bumper. A handsome lad of not quite 65 pounds and about 9 months old, he is very athletic and is highly bird driven.

KOUu44HsR5WY4ej56RFEEQ_thumb_937d_Fotor.jpg

TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH ~ JACKSON is seen here on return of a training bumper during field drills conducted just yesterday. Lots of drive in running marked retrieves on land with accuracy. JACKSON has a great work ethic and his drive for birds will see him hunt persistently in the area of fall until he makes location of a downed bird. JACKSON is a nice stylish retriever and is fun to watch whilst at work. JACKSON has steadied up nicely on the line and is making classic delivery to hand of birds retrieved.

Unfortunately JACKSON'S owners are away on holiday in Europe and will not get to see him run during the three AKC hunt tests he is currently entered for. I will be handling JACKSON in these tests and I am confident that he should perform very well toward earning qualifying scores.

We hope to have an AKC Junior Hunter Title on JACKSON prior to the start of the local bird hunting seasons in October. JACKSON will be hunted judiciously during the upcoming bird season with emphasis on establishing proper control afield whilst simultaneously giving him the practical experience that can only be imparted during actual bird hunting conditions.

A grand little pup with a mountain of potential, JACKSON is out of the selective breeding program of Haynes and Colleen Floyd of Double TT British Lab Kennels in Sylvia, Kansas.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

My mom used to show dogs.
We had Great Danes (a boy and a girl) when I was very young and later on a female Scottie, Dee-Dee, who was the dog I mostly remember growing up. Mom did all the grooming and showing herself. She later on showed Min-Pins. But all of our dogs were really pets that were show-dogs second.

Aye Mates,

We attended a double AKC Hunt Test stakes this weekend, the first for Labrador Retriever gun dog trainee JACKSON. The 2nd youngest retriever running in the stakes this weekend, JACKSON earned qualifying scores in his first two hunt tests. JACKSON will continue to be campaigned this season until he has earned four of the four qualifying scores he needs to earn his AKC Junior Hunter.

IMG_2665_Fotor.jpg

TEAM JACKSON ~ Yours truly is seen lining JACKSON in preparation for sending him on retrieve of a downed bird during the land series portion of the AKC Junior Hunter stakes as Joe Falman one of the judges observes.

YGfEgTIkRKi%+0uQndtlMw_thumb_93db_Fotor.jpg

ON THE LINE ~ "THE DOG WHISTLER" is seen sending an enthusiastic JACKSON on retrieve during the water portion of the AKC Junior Hunter stakes of a hunt test held over the weekend. Gun dog retriever JACKSON at age 9 months was the 2nd youngest retriever entered in the Junior Hunter stakes at this event.

hAJJ7TNWSPa2VOivegudWA_thumb_93e0_Fotor.jpg

ON RETRIEVE ~ Our gun dog retriever TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH - call name JACKSON is seen making one of the water retrieves of a mallard duck required to qualify during an AKC Junior Hunter stakes held in Woodstock, CT.

v42OWKlbRfmffVoNa8BzVw_thumb_93df_Fotor.jpg

Gun dog retriever JACKSON is seen whilst making return of a mallard duck during the Junior Hunter stakes of a recently held AKC Licensed Hunt Test. JACKSON earned qualifying scores on both days of the hunt tests held in which he was entered. JACKSON is currently 2 for 2 in his early hunt test career record and is demonstrating the qualities we love to see in both gun dogs and in K9 hunt test athletes.

SIzH4qYxQzOxlMixw3FFdw_thumb_9423_Fotor.jpg

TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH, ~ Call name JACKSON,

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back