First ICM From a Boat :)

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I loved the pastel colors on tonights sunset... and I was out working on the boat and didn't have solid ground to do the usual long-exposure fun, so I tried an ICM. What are your thoughts?

_RSP9571 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Jake

I love experimenting with ICM. This is very pretty colors and i can see why you wanted to capture it but I think you needed a bit more movement to make it more of an abstract. As it stands it's too close to a soft missed focus, IMO. If there were something else in the frame to better show the movement or more movement to make the water and clouds more abstract, I think I would like it better.

I love experimenting with ICM. This is very pretty colors and i can see why you wanted to capture it but I think you needed a bit more movement to make it more of an abstract. As it stands it's too close to a soft missed focus, IMO. If there were something else in the frame to better show the movement or more movement to make the water and clouds more abstract, I think I would like it better.

Yeah, that makes sense. It presents more as a gentle pan than an ICM. It was difficult with the boat rocking as much as it was--wish I was on shore for this type of shot. Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep that in mind next time I try this.

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curious how this works -- do you just randomly move the camera and hope you get something cool, or is it more deliberate?

Curious how this works -- do you just randomly move the camera and hope you get something cool, or is it more deliberate?

Nothing I do photographically is random. I used the panning method here. I wanted to convey the colors more than the actual scene. I just moved the camera from left to right with a 1/10th ish shutter speed, took a bunch, and this was the sharpest one.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love some more feedback [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back