First Impression with Nikon D810 after Shooting some Portraits.Sample Photos Included

I spent $3,500 for my D800 just 8-months ago and would be lucky to get $1,900 today. Thats a $1,600 loss. So I'm going to keep the D800 a while longer and wait for the prices to drop on the D810.

Good idea. I could not help but asking, does $3500 include some lens ? The body should not cost so much.

Just the body.

$3,200 and the rest in Taxes. I've got a Tax ID ready for next time though :wink:

Here's what the B&H sales tax says:

B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

Local Sales TaxIf the order is shipped within New York State , the law requires that local sales tax be added to the order total including the amount of the shipping charge.
We do not collect tax for orders shipped out of New York State. Purchases in our store are subject to an 8.875% local sales tax. This tax is not a VAT, and cannot be recovered by non-USA visitors when returning
home.

Here's Adorama:

Ordering

Local sales tax applies to residents of New York and New Jersey. We do not accept resale or tax exempt status on online orders. If you wish to apply a tax exempt form to your order, please place your order by phone, email or fax.
International orders are subject to tax, duty and import fees. See International Orders.

Just the body. $3,200 and the rest in Taxes. I've got a Tax ID ready for next time though :wink:

You know you can avoid tax by buying online right ?

Tell that to Amazon. They Charge us taxes here in Texas all the time despite not physically being located in Texas. A lot of online companies are starting to charge taxes on out of state sales. The government is looking to pass the Marketplace Fairness Act which will require everyone on the internet to pay taxes.

Anyhow, I don't pay taxes on gear anymore now that I have a Tax ID number. I set up an account with my local camera shop and just pay the flat price minus taxes. I can also write off my gear as well. Just need to check with my accountant and find out when is a good time to buy and write off gear expenses.

The government is looking to pass the Marketplace Fairness Act which will require everyone on the internet to pay taxes.
I hope that day will never come

Anyhow, I don't pay taxes on gear anymore now that I have a Tax ID number. I set up an account with my local camera shop and just pay the flat price minus taxes. I can also write off my gear as well. Just need to check with my accountant and find out when is a good time to buy and write off gear expenses.
How come not pay tax on gear anymore? I would like to know so I can use it if I need to pay tax someday.

The government is looking to pass the Marketplace Fairness Act which will require everyone on the internet to pay taxes.

How come not pay tax on gear anymore? I would like to know so I can use it if I need to pay tax someday.

I started a photography business. This gave me a Tax ID number that I can use to buy related business items without paying taxes.

I started a photography business. This gave me a Tax ID number that I can use to buy related business items without paying taxes.

Sounds like you need some *texan* business associates ;)

great! Best wishes to your business :)

Thanks

Sounds like you need some *texan* business associates ;)

I'm not sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back