First jumper of the season

Thunder_o_b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had almost forgotten just how challenging these little ones are to shoot. This one was around 3/32"
Canon 5DMKII, MP-E65 @ 4:1, MT-24 twin head flash, handheld.

_MG_15860.jpg

Nice shot Thunder :)
I shot one of these guys for the first time and was fascinated at how aware of me he was, they are neat creatures!

Nice shot Thunder :)
I shot one of these guys for the first time and was fascinated at how aware of me he was, they are neat creatures!

Thank you PixelRabbit :D

They are my favorite type of spiders. I believe that they are most varied of the spiders, so they are every where, and as you mentioned they really know what is going on around them. Rather fearless as well, they are known to jump on the lens of a camera when you are trying to get a shot.

They range in size from one mm to twenty two mm…Or so I am told. Generally I don't see the larger ones and have to use the 65 at 3:1 and greater mag.

Nice shot... they are so tiny right now! I am looking forward to getting some good shots of them this year!

Nice shot... they are so tiny right now! I am looking forward to getting some good shots of them this year!

Thank you cgipson :D

I look forward to seeing what you capture.

Thank you cgipson :D

I look forward to seeing what you capture.

I did post some jumper and funnel weaver shots in the macro forum... but not anything really good....

Most reactions

Back